“"Perfect lunch"”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stopped in this restaurant after seeing a play at The Pearl Theater on 42nd Street, a few blocks away. The pulled pork, beans, and cole slaw were great. Although the cost was about $17.00 each, the portions were enormous and we ate every bite! A wide variety of domestic and imported beer is available. The style was self-service on trays. The eat-in area was comfortable. And the rest room was clean. All and all, a welcome surprise on 11th Avenue.

There are newer reviews for Daisy May's BBQ USA

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Good BBQ is often only found in the South, as in the area well south of the Mason-Dixon Line, in places like North Carolina. Daisy May's has Southern roots and Southern food to die for!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

It has been a few years since I last had BBQ at this restaurant, and yesterday, 4/18/13 I was in the area so I decided to order a few dishes as take-out. I ordered 2 dishes, 2 extra sides and the bill was over $45 including tax. Very pricey to me. However, I wouldn't mind the price if the dishes were quality. It was my opinion tat Daisy Mae had the best bbq in NYC. When I arrived home and unpacked the 2 dishes they were covered in BBQ sauce, which to me means the sticky ribs and half a chicken are being disguised. Ribs- very little taste except for the bbq sauce which also had very little taste. Half chicken, same story, covered in tasteless bbq sauce, and no taste to the chicken.
Sides mac & cheese, good but not as good as before. burnt baked beans no sweetness, corn bread, didn't taste like corn bread.
I'm not sure what is wrong as this place is well established. Will wait for the restaurant to respond to find out if new owners, new bbq man or whatever.
Too pricey and tasteless for me, lots of other places to enjoy bbq

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Its selfservice or takeaway. There are a couple of long tables to sit, but this place is all about the food :)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

After reading the great reviews we had to give this place a try.
We visited the Intrepid so Daisy May's was very conveniently located.
For the price you pay, I expected a regular sit down service restaurant.
Food was decent, but could be better.
I am surprised at the raving reviews.