“Delightful from the outside yet poor, inattentive service, average food & too high prices!”

Trattoria Belvedere
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Belvedere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,269 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: The charming authentic Tuscan Trattoria has an atmosphere perfect for fine dining. The setting is maderate, casual, and fun with several areas suitable for views. Trattoria Belvedere returns authenticity to Northern Italian Cuisine. Our Tiramisu (best in the city) our home made ravioli stuffed with lobster and a traditional tagliata (Tuscan Steak) our daily special. In addition to the great food, our staff our staff will always surprise you with a special wine selection not on our list. The restaurant is beautifally adorned with fresh cut flowers and illuminated by candle light.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stumbled on this place on our first trip to New York and the menu looked delightful. However from first entering the place it looked like the waiters were novice! We had to ask for menus, I had calamari to start which tasted lovely but couldn't eat as they were like elastic bands. They got my husbands starter wrong he was supposed to have minestrone soup which they eventually bought but subsequently offered no parmesan or black pepper! We ordered carbonara for mains which was undercooked and on cold plates! We had to ask for water which everyone else around was offered as they ordered drinks and which we were never offered more of. Nobody cleared our plates, offered us desert or coffee and we had to ask for the bill. They then tried to charge us 20% service and when I questioned this they said it should be 15% and was normal in the US. I understand this if the service is good! On top of that we paid $38 for a bottle of red that would be $20 down the road!! We shall definitely not be going back the food is less than average at top prices and the service is poor - we were not made to feel welcome at all! This was not the best end to what has been a truly wonderful experience in New York.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is for to small for the amount of covers they do. Just rammed people in to close together good came out at fast pace not giving enough time to let starter settle & main still came out cold and the cheese cake was the worst I've ever tasted. Stay clear.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The restaurant is located next to the hotel where my wife and I stayed in our first visit to the city in 2007. I proposed to her on that trip and our celebration actually took place on this restaurant. Staff was very attentive and food was near perfect. We went there once again on the same trip and would definitely come back

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Simply outstanding food. Real Italian, nice atmosphere. One sits a bit to close next to each other, but I really like the restaurant in general. Though, wouldn't wanted to be there if full house.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I were very excited to visit Trattoria Belvedere after reading the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. However, we are bitterly disappointed after our experience and the restaurant in no way lived up to expectations.

Many reviews comment on the warm and inviting atmosphere, but we were made to feel very unwelcome as soon as we stepped through the door. We were seated on a cramped table wedged between the till and a cabinet, despite the restaurant being reasonably empty and other couples seated on far nicer four seater tables in the main restaurant.

I am a vegetarian and lactose intolerant so always need to check when I order a meal if there are any dairy products in it. I found a vegetarian dish on the menu and when the waiter came to take our order I asked him if it contained any cheese, his response was "no, no cheese". When our meal arrived, I could tell by the first mouthful it contained cheese so we told the waiter whose response was "yes, parmesan and mozzarella", we asked him why he told us it contained no cheese and he shrugged and said "just parmesan and mozzarella", my boyfriend told him I can't eat any cheese and he just shrugged, said "ok" and walked off!! We asked for the bill and were charged the full price for the meal despite me not being able to eat it!

My boyfriend had lasagne, there was nothing wrong with it but he said it was average and definitely not worth the $22 price.

I am gutted we chose this restaurant for dinner as there are so many nicer restaurants in New York. This is my third visit to the City and this is by far the worst restaurant I have visited.

1  Thank ABB_Lon