“Walk In Dining; Good for Grab & Go”
Review of Carl's Steaks - CLOSED

Carl's Steaks
Cuisines: Fast Food, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Plattsburgh, New York
“Walk In Dining; Good for Grab & Go”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Best place in NYC for a cheesesteak. Small place, a few counters and small tables for inside dining, but best for take out. Service is well organized, walk up only; no table service. Food is always good and consistent.

Visited July 2012

Macomb, Michigan
“Eh, it was alright.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We visited New York a while ago and we heard great things about Carl's Steaks, so we thought we should stop in and see what it was like.

We really weren't too impressed. The food was decent but it was way over priced. My husband and I spend over $25 for two cheese steaks, one order of fries, and one drink.

Also what I really didn't like was when we got there, the cook was about to take our order, and was very friendly, then all of a sudden someone who I assume to be the manager maybe owner just walked up and very rudely pushed his employee out of the way to take our order, which was all correct, until this guy came up and the whole thing got messed up. He seemed very arrogant, like he was superior to his employee, and he just seemed so impersonal.

Anyway, the food is alright, but I probably wouldn't go back.

• Visited February 2013
Toronto
“okay, but not worth going out of your way for”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The staff is very friendly, but the real problem I had was with the price.

$14 got me a cheesesteak, bacon/cheese fries and a drink. Overall I found the quality and portion size to not justify the price.

It tasted alright but I really wasn't blown away by it.

• Visited November 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Cheesesteak Subs to die for”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Cheesesteak Subs from this Restaurant are so good, you have to stop yourself from eating them every night!

Visited September 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Philly Cheesesteaks, but not the best”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We hunted down this place after reading about it on some websites, and finally located it off E34 St. The place is unassuming, and appears to be some Yankees fan hangout. We ordered the Philly Cheesesteak which was a good size and tasty - meat was soft, not much taste of the cheese, but the bread was really nice and soft. Recommended, though I doubt it is the best around. I think the one I had at Shorty's was better.

Tip: if you want locate it, it's just off the intersection of 3rd Ave and E34St.

• Visited August 2012