“Beef”

Carl's Steaks
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed May 5, 2012

If you are in the mood for a steak, just pop in and order a juicy cut, delicious. Staff is friendly, place could be a little more welcoming but can overlooked.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

God, we love it here. The Cheesteaks are delicious and morish, fresh and perfect. They're open late and extremely affable staff.
We eat here more than we should!

Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband is a huge cheesesteak fan. So we've eaten at several cheesesteak joints around the city. The meat quality at carl's is superb for their chicken cheesesteaks (have not tried beef). I've also had their vegetarian sandwich - with fresh eggplant, canned mushrooms and some other veggies - not as filling as the meat, but somewhat refreshing. The staff is very friendly and they'll come over and bring your food to your table (its more of an order and take your food with you type of place).

Reviewed August 9, 2011

I love cheesesteaks. Luckily I work about 10 minutes from Carl's so I never have to go without having a great one every so often. They are filling, flavorful and not out of control pricewise. A plain cheesesteak is $7.25. Add ons are about .50 each. Fried onions are complimentary. Don't plan on eating in since the place is very small. There are about 5 tables and they are usually occupied. Go on an off hour if you can. Once you place your order, you take a spot along the wall and watch your meal being made. During lunch, it takes about 10-15 minutes to get your food so budget you time accordingly. It's well worth the wait.

Reviewed November 1, 2009

If you don't believe any of us ... believe the Yankees. Carl's is the "official" sandwhich of the club, and was asked to do operations out of the new stadium. The place is EASY to find(maybe not if your drunk I hear), and the only place I could find w/Whiz in Manhatten. We walked over a mile in the rain, just for this place ... and were NOT dissapointed~
Jalopenos were a nice touch!