“Nice Family Restaurant without Manhattan Price”
Review of Sambuca - CLOSED

Sambuca
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: between Central Park West and Columbus Ave
Transit: 1,9,2,3,B,C to 72nd St.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Was there this Saturday. The service was good and the staff was very friendly. Food was good also. Definitely recommend going there.

1  Thank MOS6969
There are newer reviews for Sambuca

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We "won" a gift certificate to Sambuca in a charity auction, otherwise we would never had known about it. I was a bit hesitant about going there just as a couple because I read that they serve family style. I need not have worried! They also have smaller portions that were a perfect size. We shared the grilled calamari and stuffed artichoke. Both were awesome. My husband had Shrimp Scampi over angel hair and I had gluten-free pasta with white clam sauce. They have a large gluten-free menu and also many vegetarian and vegan offerings. We were in the mood for a little dessert, so our waiter served us a half portion of the warm apple crisp with ice cream - yum!

The vibe was great. Everyone was very friendly and accomodating. The service was excellent. The prices were very reasonable. I am definitely recommending Sambuca to my friends.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were nine people and got a lovely table not on top of others. The food is very good but for family style the portions were quite small. The chicken picata was very good but did not even make it around the table. Place is very pricey for the portions they give. All of us said we enjoyed the meal but would not return. Better places with more bang for your buck especially in New York City.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Sambuca on W.72nd St is a complete gem. It's a lively and pretty Italian restaurant with a very fun wine bar upfront, with its own great menu of designer pizzas, meatballs and other great bar-food. That is why we originally went but since we were a large party of 12 others wanted to sit down and have a full dinner. The food was great, generous portions and very well-priced. The service was really attentive and very pleasant too. It's nice to go to a restaurant that makes you feel like a regular and that was the feeling that we all shared when we left.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Not an elegant restaurant but attractive. The service was good. I liked the veal parmesan and fried zucchini. Chicken marsala was also well done. overall I would recommend the restaurant. The prices were reasonable as well.