“Quiet, relaxed, friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Via Brasil Restaurant

Via Brasil Restaurant
Ranked #547 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin, South American
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Brooklyn, New York
“Quiet, relaxed, friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

On a hot summer Tuesday night my friend and I found this restaurant to be beautiful place to relax (very quiet, with soft bossa nova music in the background). We had the fish of the day (tilapia) and the mussels. Both were extraordinarily good. Considering that tilapia is served a lot nowadays, this was the best I have ever had. The mussels were perfect, with a delicious broth that was as good as a soup. (I ate some with a spoon.) Very friendly and attentive service. I have found a place in midtown Manhattan that I plan to return to.

• Polish first
Wilmington, Delaware
“Quality of food has slipped”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have worked and lived in Brazil and love their food. I have eaten at this restaurant several times over the years and have taken friends. However, this time I was very disappointed with the food. I had to ask the waiter to bring some bread that when I bit into it was as hard as a rock. I ordered the traditional national bean and meat stew, Feijoada, that tasted like it was reheated a bit to long. The mango pudding had a firm crust that was tasty but underneath it was watery. There are several Brazilian restaurants on the same street. I will try another the next time I am in NY City.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“Quiet and quaint little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We had been looking for a Brazilian restaurant for a while and were glad to come across this place during our trip to New York. The reaturaunt was pretty empty for Sunday dinner servixe. Which meant the waitress and manager were very attentive to our table. Water was always topped up promptly and the waitress was quiet, not pushy and polite. We ordered the calamari app and two Moquecas entrees, one with shrimp and the other Pollock. We love trying out different ethnic stews because they can really can give you a taste of that particular cuisine. We enjoyed our meals very much though more rice would have been appreciated. Definitely would like to try more menu items.
Overall, it made for a pleasant romantic dinner for two away from the hustle and bustle of the city without costing an arm and a leg.

Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
“Best Brazilian in New York”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

After having the best Brazilian food in Rio, Brasilia, Bahia and other cities in Brazil, I found this to be as close to real Brazilian food as it gets in NYC>

Visited February 2013
MA
“authentic brazilian in nyc”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

went here by myself while on business in ny as i passed it walking to work. was excellent. ive been to brazil and this was authentic, including the brazilian servers. brooke at bar was great bartender and made a great caipirinha - no club soda in their like most fake american made caipirinhas. had the seafood stew in coconut tomato sauce/broth which was great. will def go back for live music on fri/sat. decor inside could use some updating though.

• Visited January 2013