“Nice”

Brick Lane Curry House
Reserve with OpenTable
Brick Lane Curry House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,033 of 14,394 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: Between 1st and 2nd Avenues
Transit: F,V to 2nd Ave., N,R to 8th Street and Broadway, or 6 to Astor Place
Description: Brick Lane Curry House is a British type curry house reminiscent of an East London style Indian Restaurant. Brick Lane Curry House is an authentic Indian restaurant.
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I came here due to Man v Food and also because I am from London and I wanted to compare this to the Curry Houses I would get in a Brick Lane.

I ordered the chicken bhuna with garlic naan bread and was giving a starter compliments of the house.

So the waitress was very attentive I couldn't complain there and was very friendly and welcoming.

Starter garlic naan bread - it was ok nothing to shout about a bit oily in the centre and crispy.

Main - rice - it was ok needed a bit of salt but the texture was fine and if you finish your portion you got more if needed

Main - chicken bhuna this was just ok the chicken was a bit dry but some if it was nice and moist. It was described as being well spiced and I don't believe it was but did taste better then the rice n

Side - garlic naan bread I think this was the best part it was a but think as in almost as thin as a crepe otherwise I pretty much enjoyed.

Overall the food was fulling and I didn't finish it however I wouldn't go back as it just did not meet y expectations.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

When we were in New York we were trying out different restaurants each time we ate, including a few from Man vs Food.

This restaurant features a Phaal challenge, the hottest curry there is, obviously we didnt order that and played it safe and ordered a biryani. At least we thought we played it safe...

A biryani should not be spicy in the slightest, we couldn't finish our meals because we found it too spicy and the waiter claimed that a biryani is a mild curry - true, but this was not mild!!

I wouldn't know if the food tasted good or not because the spices took over my tastebuds. I reckon even a korma would be spicy in this place.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I guess this must be a chain. We visited the East 53 St location on a snowy Saturday when most of the restaurants on the block were closed on the weekend. Only one other table was occupied but they were doing a very brisk business with take-out.

Tried the tofu biryani and the chicken tikka masala. Very good. What looks at first glance to be small portions ended up to be very filling. A bit pricey in my opinion but it was good so I suppose worth it.

The more interesting is the lunch boxes / to go for $11.99 where you get an appetizer, choice of curry, choice of veg of the day, rice and nann and a dessert. Might look into this one day.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Enjoyed Brick Lane, probably the best of Indian restaurants lining that stretch of E 6th St in the East Village. Professional service, and nice ambience too. We love spicy but were warned off the famous "Phal"- but we ordered a side of the Phal sauce to try and YIKES! My vindaloo was quite hot enough thank you and very good.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Every time we visit NYC, we must stop at Brick Lane! The food is delicious, and the service is outstanding. Some of the best Indian food I have ever had the pleasure of eating.