“Afternoon escape”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Best Turkish food since I visited Capadocia a couple of years back. Stopped by close to the end of lunch service. The hostess and wait staff were most gracious, without apparently feeling compelled to remind me that the "kitchen" would be closing momentarily. The restaurant patrons included families, individuals, business sorts. The lunch specials were an excellent value especially since the food was delicious. The lamb and tomato was tender, tasty, spiced perfectly. The eggplant appetizer delectable (as was the martini). See the photos for the very elegant presentation of the food! I live on the left coast, so I regret that I can't eat at the Turkish Kitchen every week!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

If you like Turkish food, this is a great find. Food is delicious, the staff is super friendly, and their pricing is extremely reasonable.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Four of us (two couples) went to this restaurant on a weekday, early enough (just before 6:30) to get the early bird discount. With the discount, the prices are quite reasonable.

The food was all quite good and plentiful. The doner lamb is essentially done like the shawarma places, but spiced well. The other lamb dish was quite good, as was the chicken.

The decor is pleasant; the restaurant is not overcrowded so not noisy, and the service is attentive.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Variety and the value of food is amazing!
I highly recommend to make a reservation prior to sunday!
Make sure you don't leave tip as they take more than enough without asking...

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My friends and I have eaten here several times. We have found the service to be good, the price is right and there is a variety of food to suite everyone's dietary needs or need for desserts. They have several specials, as well as send a discount coupon, to use during the month of your birthday.( You need to fill out an evaluation and put your email for the discount.)They have a two course lunch special for $12.95 and a four course which includes salad and desserts with coffee or tea for $16.95. It is only served on weekdays from 12-3.
I have had the stuffed vine leaves, grilled lamb with garlic yogurt, and the Shepherd Salad. The waiter was very good and made me a special salad that accommodated my weird dietary restrictions and made substitutions on the price fix menu. This has not always been my experience but we only had three people in our group and we were there on off hours.
One friend, always gets the lentil soup and a grilled chicken. On their diner special, there is always a fish dish which was well prepared. You can also order off their regular menu which includes everything from lamb and beef, poultry, to sea food.
I have been told that they have All you can Eat Sunday Brunch but I have enough problems with portion control. The brunch is $21.95.

1  Thank Susan K