“We eat here frequently”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Service is lovely. This restaurant has been going strong in the same location for about 22 years. Often full. We like the shepherd salad, doner platter and grilled veggie platter. Has na upstairs and a downstairs and either is fine.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have eaten here each time we visit NY. Last time was in mid-Jan. The food is good, the staff friendly and very close to competent. In fact, last week we went here twice in one week. Our other meals were a bit more upscale, but this was no less enjoyable. I think you could bring kids here without feeling nervous about it.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

It has not been my first experience in this wonderful restaurant and this tells a long story of somebody who comes from another continent to New York City. At least one time during my stays I have to be there. Here, everybody, regardless the origin, finds family atmosphere, comfort, efficiency and a large variety of unmistakable Turkish kitchen. From starters to deserts you will find yourself in seventh heaven. Freshness of ingredients and presentation of beautifully arranged plates make part of the tradition in this restaurant as do the receipts of the dishes. When you want to feel international with friends in Turkish atmosphere in high-society New York, this is the place to go.

1  Thank Gerhard756
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

If you have never been to Turkey, or want to reminisce about a past trip this is the place to eat. The Turkish Kitchen will either make you want to visit, or remind you of eating on a roof top cafe, as the sun sets on a warm summers day. The food is absolutely amazing, the staff is attentive, and the chef loves to talk to guest. I highly recommend this place and will be back. And if you love lamb the way I do you will be in HEAVEN!!!!! You have to try the Izgara Kofte. Absolutely mouth watering!!!!!

2  Thank MarketingDiva
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were in the neighbourhood for brunch this past Sunday. Put our name down at another restaurant and decided to walk around. When we walked by Turkish Kitchen, there was quiet a crowd gathered in front, waiting for the place to open. So we asked about the place and a fellow patron highly recommended it. We decided to ditch our original place and give it a try. Boy were we glad! The buffet brunch was AMAZING! Lots of fresh offerings, both hot and cold. Given it was my first time trying Turkish food, I didn't know what to expect, but oh my goodness, everything was DEEEEElicious!!! The desserts were also varied and plentiful. Plus the price they charge for this was such a steal!

Waiters were very friendly and attentive. I would go back when I visit NYC again. :D