“Good Food”
Review of Cara Mia

Cara Mia
Reserve with OpenTable
Cara Mia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,231 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 45th &46th
Transit: E train
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food here was average to very good. The value for what you get is great. Service was questionable, but they made it right by giving us two desserts on the house. The sauce on the gnocchi is very flavorful and prepared extremely well. Gelato for dessert is also great. We would come here again.

There are newer reviews for Cara Mia

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a small, charming Italian restaurant owned by a Neopolitan from Naples/Ischia. We had salad with balsamic viniagrette and then rigatoni with eggplant and mozzarella. This pasta dish was really super - the sauce was fantastico. The tables are a bit close to each other but the service was great. I am definitely going back since this is in the theatre district on Ninth Avenue and 46th St. They have a pre theatre fixed price dinner. I am fussy about Italian food, since my family is Italian and this ranks highly!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

If you're looking for a quaint location with great food and service, Cara Mia is the place to be. Whether you go before or after a Broadway play/musical, or even if its a first date..Cara Mia will make it a memorable one. The staff are friendly attentive. Our waiter "Pascual/Israel" was very kind and funny. We will DEFINITLY be returning here.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stopped here for a bite to eat in December, 2012.

When I arrived the restaurant was empty; it was 4pm - too late for lunch/too early for dinner. However, I was welcomed in. The staff was decorating for Christmas. I ordered a class of wine and gamberi (grilled shrimp, avocado guacamole on a bed of scallion & corn pancake) which was delicious. Unfortunately, I was forgotten at the table (probably due to the odd time I came in). In any event, when I called for my bill, they realized I had been forgotten and reduced my bill.

I will definitely try this restaurant again - the food was very good.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Enjoyed a nice dinner for 4. Pasta was quite good. The wine list is adequate for Hell's Kitchen. Only issue was very few beers for the person that doesn't like wine.