“Gotta love wonton!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed May 21, 2013

A friend told me that duck hanging in the window is a good sign...and you will see them here! The wonton sup with pork is amazing. Also had the pork fried rice and sweet/sour chicken....it was average. CASH only!!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Right in the heart of Chinatown, NYC, complete with glazed ducks and ribs hanging in the window and plenty of Chinese customers. Quickly seated and orders taken although perhaps a bit too quck as we had to beckon the waiter back to complete our order (beverages). It was quite load with several neighboring tables were filled with Chinese families that had crying babies and noisy youngsters. In one way, it helped to make the atmosphere complete :)
We ordered egg rolls, sweet and sour chicken, and salt and pepper jumbo shrimp.
The egg rolls had a slightly "off" taste - maybe old or overused cooking oil?
The sweet and sour chicken was standard, with enough chicken and thickly breaded (too thick for my taste) and tasty tidbits of pineapple and chunks of tomato to go with the green bell pepper pieces.
The start of the meal, for me, was the S&P shrimp which came on a bed of lettuce and was sprinkled with thin slices of jalapeno (or another similar pepper?). This was tasty. Crunchy, with just enough salt and black pepper to add just the right amount of embellishment to the shrimp.
We came here out of all the choices around us due to the 4 stars my wife said showed on her smartphone. I wouldn't go quite that high but it was enjoyable as an authentic visit to a Chinatown restaurant can be expected.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My aunt introduced me to Big Wong back in Aug 2004 when I was assigned to NYC for work. They have the MOST delicious roast duck.

Ever since then, I have introduced Big Wong to other colleagues who get assigned to NYC.

When my assignment ended in 2005, I would make sure to eat at this restaurant particularly their roast duck every time I am in the city - last time was in 2008.

It's been 5 years, I'm glad to be in NYC for vacation with my sister and her family. Of course, we had dinner at Big Wong last night (their first dinner after arrival) and my nephew loves the Roast Duck - tender, juicy and tasty.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Simple Chinese food prepared well, served quickly and at a modest price. This is one of the best values in NYC.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Be warned, this is not the place to go if you are looking for fine dining service or atmosphere, but if you are looking for a great, fast, cheap, delicious Chinese meal, this is the place to go. I have been coming here since I was a child and I have never been disappointed. The Chinese BBQ is a must (be sure to try the roast duck and the roast pork). Piping hot Congee on days when you're feeling a little under the weather will cheer you right up. Steaming bowls of dumplings nestled into snappy wonton noodles is something I never leave without ordering even when I think I cannot force another bite down! Sauteed vegetables in garlic is a nice dish to round out any meal. Sure you can order from their other menu, but you can't really go wrong with the regular menu where you'll find more "traditional" chinese dishes. If you do find yourself there, I would say it would be a shame to settle for just their Chinese "take-out" dishes (ie: beef and brocolli or lo-mein), but if you must, I recommend taking a chance and trying one item that is less "take-out" and more Big Wong.

This place is busy, busy, busy, so prepare for a wait and maybe even having to share a table.