“Great food, atmosphere, and service”
Review of Vespa Restaurant - CLOSED

Vespa Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Went on a Friday nite with reservations. Seated immediately on the patio. Had the meatball appetizer, which was great.the home made pasta was fantastic, especially the bucatini. The Branzino was the best piece of fish I've tasted in a long time. They will bone/filet it for you either in the kitchen or at the table . The desserts were very good. Service was superb!

1  Thank kjm55

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have lived in the neighborhood for 8 years now but somehow have never eaten here. We decided to give it a try tonight and we loved it! I had the salmon Pennette, which was perfectly flavored with delicious fresh homemade penne. My date had the gnocchi with the truffle sauce, which was on the creamy side for me, but she loved it. We could actually see the truffle shavings in the sauce, meaning they didn't skimp on the good stuff to save a buck.

The staff were super friendly - they even asked the kitchen to cook up a special meatball for our dog who was tied up just outside (we sat at the table by the front window). We will be back!

1  Thank usaeuro
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I read the bad reviews after eating here and I am here to tell you that this restaurant is DELICIOUS!! This restaurant is so cute! The lighting is dim, which I am not a fan of, but that can easily be fixed. And there is an outdoor patio, but it was too hot to eat outside, although others were. First let me start off by saying my husband is from Naples and appreciates good Italian cuisine!! We started with 3 appetizers for the 4 of us to share, the rice balls, stuffed artichokes and octopus salad!! Each dish was wonderful.. I ordered the gnocchi which was homemade and soo good. The table also had a pasta and scallop dinner and a pasta carbonera!! Everyone enjoyed there dinner and there was not a morsel left. All in all this is a neighborhood gem. Attention is taken by all to make sure you are enjoying your dining experience! Looking forward to returning!! Well done Vespa!!!

1  Thank summerwind1957
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had their gnocchi dish with tomato sauce, and it was decent, but nothing to rave about. I have had better gnocchi elsewhere on the UES. But if you're looking for a low-key crowd-free environment, Vespa is probably the place to be. The lights are usually quite dim, and it's not very crowded compared to other restaurants in the area.

2  Thank Daje2
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Lovely little neighborhood Italian restaurant. A bit expensive, but there is a 20 percent mon to thurs discount before 7 pm. Still, it is bland. Nothing special. Quiet mid week. Service is ok. I do not reccommend this place.

3  Thank B S