“Indian food that hit the spot”
Review of Indus Valley - CLOSED

Indus Valley
Cuisines: Indian, Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 100th Street
Transit: 1, 2 & 3 trains to 96th Street and 1 train to 103rd Street.
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Indian food that hit the spot”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Great food, loved the taste. I am indian and I can appreciate the quality of the food at Indian restaurants. We had the Paneer bhurji some Tadka Dal and roti. I would reccomend eating the paneer there its very tasty, Also make a reservation through opentable Indus Valley is quiet popular and you mught not find a spot. I think this is the best Indian place in the Upper West Side.

Will definitely be going there again

• Visited May 2012

“Reliably good food and great selection”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Went back for our 2nd time to Indus Valley after a stellar first visit. We both reid new dishes off the menu, which were good, but nothing compares with the Tikka Masala.

Value is pretty good, and love the neighborhood. Very easy to get to from the train.

New York, New York, United States
“Delicious! And authentic!”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Indus Valley is one of the few Indian restaurants in New York City to serve authentic Indian food at a reasonable price. We went for lunch on a weekday and it was reassuring to see that there were hardly any empty tables. They were offering a buffet which is what we chose, and it was absolutely delectable! The chana saag was one of the best dishes. And the steaming hot gajar ka halwa was a great dessert. One of the most authentic Indian meals I've had in a while- and I grew up in India! Definitely going back :)

• Visited March 2012
Packwood, Washington
“Excellent Indian food”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Every time in NYC we reserve a night to have dinner at this restaurant. Food is very good as well as the service.
Portions are abundant
Nice atmosphere

• Visited June 2011
Hartford Connecticut
“Superb food, surly service”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have eaten at this restaurant several times and always enjoy the tasty and well-cooked meals. Recently, however, we arrived for a late lunch and were asked to leave before we had finished and without being able to enjoy the dessert that came with our prix fixe order. Our waiter neither informed us that the restaurant would be closing shortly when we first sat down nor recommended that we order something that could be prepared (and eaten) more quickly. I suppose I would still go back again given the convenient location to where I always stay when in NYC. This was one less that pleasant experience out of many positive ones. It was also the only time I have eaten lunch rather than dinner here..

• Visited September 2011