“Not the best option in Seaport”

Heartland Brewery & Beer Hall
Ranked #3,985 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Neighborhood: Financial District
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Among all the eateries in Seaport, it had the less people eating there. The food is not that great, but we had fun because our relatives from Brazil are fun! The decor is mediocre and the beer is nothing special. The service was just okay and many times there were no waiters in the room for a while. Look at other places before choosing this one.

There are newer reviews for Heartland Brewery & Beer Hall

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We sought out this pub as it was (wrongly) quoted in my guide book as being reasonably priced pub grub with a focus on seafood (it is a seaport location afterall). However a read through the menu revealed no seafood (apart from Calamari and fish and chips) so we pressed on as the menu still seemed appealing. We ordered a pulled chicken sandwich and the chilli - the chicken sandwich was edible but nothing special, and the chilli came with all of 5 tortilla chips. The skin-on fries were the best part of the meal!

Also, we got ID'd (not uncommon given that I look far from my youthful age of 28!) but as my boyfriend didn't have anything on him, he couldn't get served an alcoholic drink whereas I could, makes sense I know. So if you insist on coming here for drinks, remember you ID.. and preferably eat somewhere else beforehand!

Needless to say, we won't be returning!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We went 2 dinners in a row and were not disappointed. Food is delicious bbq. I recommend the Cornhusker beer-very tasty.Also I recommend eating in the restaurant room, not the bar.The bar area had lots of room but was very noisy. The waitstaff is very friendly though the 2nd night not as prompt. Food is served very quickly, even on very busy nights!

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Went there for lunch. I ordered the beer sampler and enjoyed their lager, and oatmeal stout the best. The lite brew they had was pretty flavorful as well. I have been doing hombre for a while so this is what I was mostly interested in. The food was pricey, but it was downtown so we expected it. BBQ was overpriced, but it tasted pretty good.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

We liked the cozy feel of this South Street Seaport venue, however the barbecue (which is supposed to be a specialty) was sorta dry. Also there were few selections that kids would like.