“rude staff, go to frying pan instead”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Boat Basin Cafe

Boat Basin Cafe
Ranked #2,938 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“rude staff, go to frying pan instead”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I went here for a friend's birthday party last night and the staff were SO rude to us.

- we ordered drinks from the bar and sat down at one of the 20 empty tables. A waiter came over (a tall, frat-boy looking guy) and sarcastically said, "gee thanks for ordering from the bar guys, that really helps me a lot." He was later rude again when we tried to order food.

- even though my friend called ahead and was told that the bar was open until 11pm and even though we were there with a party of 30, the waitstaff and bartenders announced that they were closing early and forced us to leave at 9:30. They were not the slightest bit apologetic about it either. Even after the manager assured us that the bar would stay open, the rest of the staff gave us dirty looks and kept asking us to close our tabs and leave.

- also, don't order the spicy wings. I usually put hot sauce on my food like it's ketchup and those things practically burned my tongue out of my head.

It's a gorgeous spot, but some of the worst customer service I've ever had.

• Visited April 2013

“Great summer spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

The Boat Basin's space is worth 5 stars but neither the food nor drinks are anything special. My friends and I waited patiently for almost an hour and caught up alongside the Hudson (where the view really can't be beat) while having a few drinks. We sat down, had a few more drinks and some food. Nothing special. The gyro was tasty, hummus was ok and hotdog was well-liked. Beside the outdoor space, the view and the fact that dogs are welcome, the food is nothing to write home about. Drinks are well priced. I'd go back, but likely save my appetite.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Angela D
Houston
“Good and Fun in surprising NYC sett ng”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

It's seasonal so if it's spring or late fall check before you go. Great view over looking the marina with NJ hih rises as a backdrop. Wonderful menu and dogs are welcome. It's wide open so come as you wish and pet the animals. You WILL have fun and enjoy the burgers plus

• Visited October 2012
england
“Yuk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We arrived for a drink / snack late morning. We both went to the loo first. Oh my god - disgusting, vile, filthy! We didn't stay.

Chilliwack, Canada
“Boat Basin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were asked to meet a friend at The Boat Basin. We had no idea how great this place was. Right on the Hudson River with amazing food and atmosphere!

Visited August 2012