“Fantastic Food”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 32nd Street between Park and Madison
Transit: 6, N, Q, W, R Trains to 34th Street
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This beautiful restuarant was our local restaurant - how lucky were we. Wonderful service and fantastic food. Beautiful european cuisine. They do get very busy but if you are happy to eat a little early or late they never make you feel that you are being rushed out the door. I think we actually ate here two or three times in our three weeks in NYC and had a fabulous meal each time. Not cheap but worth it.

There are newer reviews for Artisanal Fromagerie and Bistro

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here a few weeks ago. Everything was going good, service, reservations, drinks, the appetizers were to die for. For main course, i had duck bourgugnion and my wife had risotto. Her risotto was way too al dente...like crunching rice al dente. She asked for a redo, and within 5 minutes, had another risotto, and again, very very al dente. Rice was hard. At this point, I was done with my meal, and she said nevermind, and just got some fries to munch on. For desert we had creme brule, which was delicious, and had 'happy anniversary' written on it. Once we got the check, obviously, risotto was not on it, but there was nothing attempted to smooth my wife's experience...an offer of another glass of champagne, or a comp on desert. Oh well.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Have had many meals here and it's consistently good - great food and drink selection (especially cheese) and always had a great buzz/vibe. This visit was during Restaurant Week, which can sometimes be totally underwhelming - not at Artisanal. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is a extrarodinary choice in New York to mix a perfect food, with a fresh Californian wine and with a traditional art deco ambiance. I went there with business friends during lunch hour, and we had a very good time. The service is perfect....

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I've been here a dozen times now since my last review and I have to say, I'm just over this place! Because I live in the area, I have dined here many a times with friends visiting from out of town. I think the meal is always just decent - The menu options are nothing creative nor inventive and they will charge an astronomical price to go with a dish just slightly above mediocre. In a market of so many competitive restaurants how do you justify your business plan?

The crowd is growing older and stodgier and older.. yea. No one is impressed anymore.

1  Thank LilChubbs