“Meh” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Artisanal Fromagerie and Bistro - CLOSED

Artisanal Fromagerie and Bistro
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 32nd Street between Park and Madison
Transit: 6, N, Q, W, R Trains to 34th Street
New York City
“Meh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I've been here a dozen times now since my last review and I have to say, I'm just over this place! Because I live in the area, I have dined here many a times with friends visiting from out of town. I think the meal is always just decent - The menu options are nothing creative nor inventive and they will charge an astronomical price to go with a dish just slightly above mediocre. In a market of so many competitive restaurants how do you justify your business plan?

The crowd is growing older and stodgier and older.. yea. No one is impressed anymore.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LilChubbs

Portland, OR
“Lively French Bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were in NYC over the long weekend and my husband was craving Steak Frites. I wanted a lively atmosphere and we were happy to find Fromagerie Artisanal. We were able to make reservations and found the service to be very attentive. Our only complaint is that the waitstaff didn't seem as well versed in their wine menu as I would have expected. In addition to my husband having the steak frites, I had the mushroom butternut squash risotto and our daughter had the chicken under a brick - all delicious. Our bill for the three of us ( 2 adults, 1 child) came to $250.00 (a cocktail and glass of wine each for the adults, 1 fondue appetizer, 3 entrees and one shared dessert). The other patrons appeared to be a mix of mostly locals and a few tourists.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Just above average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

The biggest 2 problems with this place is that the booths are old and you sink in way too far, and that the cheese smell is so strong it is almost an annoyance.
I must say hands down the best part of our experience was the wait staff, we had really friendly people assisting. Had an order issue but the waiter was all over it and corrected immediately. Food was average.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
“Lovely brunch: no reservations great table ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Party of two no reservations; lovely corner nook table. Service ok but could have been more attentive. Food was very good though felt eggs were a bit under cooked in one dish. Pavlova dessert exceptional. We visit NYC for Westminster dog show and always try to have brunch or lunch here.

Yorktown Heights, NY
“Perfect place on a Cold Winter's Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Have dined at Artisanal on several occasions - most recent was a delightful celebration meal here in January. Food was on point - both fish and chicken main courses perfectly prepared as well as appetizers and desserts. Don't think there is a better restaurant chicken that Artisanal's chicken under a brick. Professional and attentive but not overbearing staff. Great place. Will return.

• Visited January 2014