“A visit to France- Expensive, but worth it”
Review of Artisanal Fromagerie and Bistro - CLOSED

Artisanal Fromagerie and Bistro
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 32nd Street between Park and Madison
Transit: 6, N, Q, W, R Trains to 34th Street
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We enjoyed the Thanksgiving menu, truly a delight. We have lived in France and although it is far from the real deal, it brought back many good memories of a country that really knows food, cheese and wine. Our waiter took the time to explain the cheese flight options and gave excellent insight to the origin of the cheese and the flavors to expect. We had a delightful array of cheese from light and subtle to heavy and strong. They were all delicious. My mom and daughter had the Duck which was perfectly cooked. My daughter is 14 and ate every bite. My son is younger and he enjoyed a traditional thanksgiving dinner. Although I would not recommend this restaurant for young children, the staff was very accommodation. I enjoyed the Sea Bass which was perfectly cooked. Of course, the wine and Champagne selection was superb!. The only disappointment was dessert. Each of us had a different one and none were very interesting or tasty. France prides themselves on food, including the desserts and this was a disappointment down memory lane. I will be going again when I get back to NYC!!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

This has always been a go-to restaurant for me for business lunches and I decided to take my family here for Saturday brunch. It was like going to a different planet. The restaurant was only half full. Had to ask three times for bread and butter. Our order took 35 minutes to arrive. Our order of steak and eggs came wrong and took another 15 minutes to bring it correctly. The steak was like shoe leather and barely edible. The onion soup was so salty it could barely be eaten. The maître d came over and said "I heard there was a problem with your lunch. Do you want dessert or something"? Totally blasé. I love this place during the week but they took a nap on the weekend.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

but somehow always a good experience. The trout was excellent, the hamburger was good - the exciting atmosphere is pure New York! The cheese availability is beyond compare - get on the mailing list if you can't visit.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Met several family members here for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon. Yes, the fondue was excellent, but so was everything else! The service was unbeatable. We shared two fondues and then everyone ordered something different. I had the pork belly hash and thought I had died and gone to heaven! Thank you Sarah, Tom, and Ray for sharing this place with the rest of us!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

If you love wine and cheese then you will LOVE Artisanal...fantastic selection of cheese and the wines to accompany it. Love the spce and decor also.