“Worth a visit”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 32nd Street between Park and Madison
Transit: 6, N, Q, W, R Trains to 34th Street
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My partner and I visited the Artisanal Fromagerie and Bistro for dinner whilst visiting New York. Service and food overall was very good. We decided to share the charcuterie board for starter which proved to be a little disappointing compared to other types in other French restaurants. However , the main courses and desserts certainly made up for this and the wine list was decent also. I had steak au poivre whilst my partner had salmon- both of which were delicious. The profiteroles and tarte tatin were both equally good on the dessert front. This is a big restaurant although had an enjoyable buzz about it. Definitely worth a visit if in the area.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Restaurant is expensive. Has a great variety of cheeses from Europe and the U.S. You can order a "flight" of cheese and a "flight" of wine or you can specify the cheeses you want. Waiters try hard to push you to drink/eat(and pay) more. Very nice place.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

My first time there, took a group of ten for a special dinner. The service was excellent, the selection and choices of French foods was very good, the fondue mixtures were fun and the desserts were delicious. Overall, a fun and enjoyable birthday gathering. Only downside was that it was a little over the top in the prices for the entree, the sides and the desserts, even by NY standards. I would have to think long and hard before I went there again. Unique experience with the fondues, but there are a number of very good French restaurants that are more reasonably priced in the city.

1  Thank mikethegoodlife
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I've been here before several times but recently went again with my family for restaurant week dinner. Half of us ordered off the restaurant week menu & the other half ordered a la carte off their regular menu. We all immensely enjoyed our dinner, no matter which menu we ordered off of. Actually, Artisanal usually has a different daily special which I highly recommend you try. I wish we could have ordered more than one dessert each because all of their desserts were so good. Service was as always excellent. Definitely order the fondue. I'm lactose intolerant but I have to get their fondue every time (I take a lot of lactaid before, during, and after my meal) because it is that good. If they have it, get the manchego cheese/chorizo fondue. I still dream about how delicious that was. Although they say that their petite fondue serves 2-3 people, unless you plan on eating nothing but fondue for dinner, I would say that the petite serves 6-8 comfortably. Our party of 7 shared the petite and it was just enough to allow us to also be able to eat our appetizer, main entree, and dessert without being overly ridiculously stuffed at the end of our meal.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

A lovely evening! Especially enjoyed the pre-fixe menu for restaurant week. Was a bit confused about the prices for wines by the glass on the back of the menu though. Thought they were remarkably low for NYC until I got the check and saw they were a bit higher. I must have misunderstood. The food was wonderful. The wild mushroom risotto was excellent. The ambiance makes me think im in Paris... Ahh, heaven. Servers were very attentive. Have already recommended this restaurant to friends and will definitely return to try the fondue!