“From Stinky to Fab!”
Review of Le Colonial

Le Colonial
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Colonial is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #912 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, French, Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Lexington Ave
Transit: E to 53rd/Lexington 4, 5, 6, N, R to 59th Street
Description: Le Colonial is a truly delightful culinary experience. Like stepping into French Colonial Southeast Asia, this two-story restaurant, designed by Greg Jordan, consists of a main dining room with louvered wall panels, colorful tile floors, and vintage photos of Vietnam. Upstairs is an elegant, but lively, lounge serving a full dinner or just appetizers and cocktails. The lounge serves as an ideal setting for private parties and business dinners. Le Colonial serves an authentic Vietnamese menu with an emphasis on fresh seafood, meats, and vegetables.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We love the Le colonial in San Francisco so upon our first trip to NY we were anxious to try the one there. It was not very good. Very uninspired vienamese fusion. WELL they have a new chef, and boy did he change the menu! It was fantastic. I highly recommend this for great elevated Vietnamese cuisine.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Overall fine
- Service was very nice, attentive, but not over the top or so frequent as to be distrubing
- Food was fine, nothing memorable.

Overall a solid and consistent restaurant.

Maybe a tad expensive for what you get.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I first visited Le Colonial in 1999 with my wife and another couple. At that time, it was somewhat unique for midtown Manhattan. Now it is not unique, but it does serve up a solid and consistent menu and dinner. They offered wine by the carafe and the food was a very solid fusion of good steak and seafood with light and flavorful south east Asian recipes. This is not a place with insanely artistic and over thought plates. It is a place of ambiance, of French colonial Vietnam, of smiles, of Parisian meets tropical style, where you can enjoy a good meal, at a fair price, with extremely attentive and polite staff. Also, we called 45 minutes before closing and they welcomed us with smiles. I was not let down tonight, and I will return to Le Colonial.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I've had the duck twice before and ordered it again. It's that good. This time, I shared another main with my wife and guess what? It seems everything here is spectacular. I also love the Vietnamese coffee and their new chocolate dessert. The service was attentive and respectful. I couldn't have asked for a better dinner.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

i went to this restaurant a long time ago. My friends were in from Florida and I wanted to try this restaurant again.
Te food was very good and so was the service . I am glad I came back here.