“Best Veal Chop Ever!”
Review of Fresco by Scotto

Fresco by Scotto
Reserve with OpenTable
Fresco by Scotto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #867 of 14,527 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Park & Madison
Transit: 5th ave station on E and M line. 51st street station 6 line. 47-50 station B,D,F.
Description: Fresco By Scotto, a true family business in NYC, has been serving fresh, authentic Italian dishes in our upscale, modern dining space since 1993, and we’ve loved every second of it. We’re proud to be a destination spot for locals and many high-profile guests, too -- any and all are welcome here with us. This restaurant really is a labor of love, and nothing makes us happier than sharing our passion with all of you. No matter the occasion, we’re sure to make it special and treat you to an evening of bites and sips you won’t soon forget.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

! The service is warm and friendly, the atmosphere inviting and the food is always good. We have eaten here many times when we visit the city.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This restaurant was absolutely not worth the cost and was dirty. We ate on a Saturday Night and the restaurant was nearly empty, which should have meant better, high-quality service. Throughout the entire meal, flies were flying around our table, as several other reviewers mentioned in their reviews. When we asked to be moved, the waiter just moved his hands around to "shoo" the flies away and said it was fine. Although they did have gluten-free pasta, the pasta itself was under-cooked and the vegetables were over-cooked.

This restaurant is probably one of the most over-priced meals I've had, possibly ever. As a native New Yorker who eats at all of the fine restaurants on a regular basis, I am used to costly restaurants. However, there was no reason for an inexpensive Pinot to be $24 a glass. Additionally, there is no reason for a pasta dish to be $25. At my favorite restaurant, a 4-star, Danny Meyer establishment, a great white wine is $11 a glass and a pasta dish with homemade gluten free pasta is $17. As a gluten intolerant diner, I look for restaurants that are attentive to my food allergies. The Danny Meyer restaurant has gluten-free bread AND gives me Italian olives as a supplement to the bread.

I was going to bring all of this to the attention of the maitre' d or the manager, except nobody was standing at the door when we left. I'm very frustrated by this experience.

3  Thank J G
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Food is truly great and service is wonderful. We especially like the eggplant appetizer. We always go to Fresco when we're in NY.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

i have been going to Fresco since they opened! close to 20 years! so hard to believe...Anthony and I recently joked that it can't be possible because we are way too young! i have my birthday party here every 10 years and it is truly a beautiful time! they truly treat you like family...and of course, the food and wine are...FABULOUS!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I visited with my wife and we ordered from the pre-dinner menu for (a late) lunch at 3pm. Some of the best Ravioli I've eaten anywhere. Good service too. I'd recommend.

1  Thank MarkHippo