“Worth the price to be in the center of it all!”

Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #861 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 43nd Street
Transit: 4,5,6,7 & S Train to Grand Central.
Description: Location: Michael Jordan’s The Steak House N.Y.C. is located in the North and West balconies of Grand Central Terminal at 23 Vanderbilt Avenue at 44th Street in Manhattan. Seating: Main dining room: 160Bar Area: 60 people at the barLounge Area: 32 Private Dining Rooms: Michael’s Room: 7Parlor Room: 12Wine Salon: communal table seats 20Semi-Private area: 30 Cuisine: Steakhouse Design: The design harkens back to the glory days of luxury train travel, yet incorporates distinct elements of a traditional steakhouse.
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We loved our experience at this restaurant! We might not have even stopped here for dinner except that my little sister twisted her ankle on Broadway and we just needed a place to stop for awhile on the way back to the hotel. We were seated on the balcony overlooking the Main Concourse at Grand Central Terminal, which provided amazing opportunities to admire the architecture and people-watch. I was surprised that the traffic from all the travelers didn't cause a noise problem during our meal, but I guess that place is so big that it could absorb even all the sound from the holiday rush of people.

Our servers were so sweet to us. Even though we probably looked a little grubby from a day of sight-seeing, they were really nice and even got a bag of ice and let my sister put her foot up on the seat during out meal. They were also very efficient without being intrusive on our lively sisterly banter during the meal.

The food was phenomenal. I got a couple of Bloody Marys, which were delicious, and my little sister got a couple of pink cocktails that she enjoyed. We split the tuna tartare, and I wish we hadn't because it was so good. I wanted one all to myself. We ordered two bone-in ribeye steaks, which had a lovely spicey crispy crust and juicy centers cooked exactly as ordered. We also ordered the sauted mushrooms and asparagus as sides. Nothing special to be said about the asparagus, but the mushrooms were delightful.

I would highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great steak in a great venue on second floor of GrandCentral Station in the Heart of NYC-what else can you ask for ?! the service was excellent and the steak was excellent and mouth watering. nice ambience with train photos all around and great view of all the hustle and bustle in Grand Central. however it is not unusually noisy and is a relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Not we were expecting for Michael Jordan! The menu that was advertised at the front entrance was not the one available. Which was disappointing because the Salmon dish sounded amazing and the only reason I wanted to go in. The restaurant was very quiet but all the tables were still full of dirty dishes and glasses, and with the amount of staff they had isn't very professional. The waiter was rude and acted like we were not welcome, I asked for the salmon that as advertised and he said it wasnt available because it was the day time menu. I asked for the salmon, but with whatever they had close enough to the lunch offered, they bought out a salmon fillet, and nothing else, just a salmon fillet for 26dollars. One guy appeared, seemed like the boss, the staff quickly started moving and he was the only one who approached us. He also recognised My plate was pretty empty and bought me over some sides of veg. (Which the waiter said no too). My partner had the cut of the day, which he said was amazing and his favourite meal of our trip and despite being let down, the food certainly made up for it! And not to mention the MOST outstanding location!!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Came here after researching some famouns places in NYC. I know NYC is known for a lot of great fare - dont get me wrong - but this was DELICIOUS. I was pleasently surprised. The setting is BEAUTIFUL. Located right in Grand Central Station - overlooking the main hall - was impressed from the start. After learning that we had misjudged our timing for the evening we needed to have rushed service - and they were MORE than willing to accomodate us, without compromising the service or the food! At the table we had the NY Strip, Filet, Mac and Cheese, and the Mased Potatoes. Nothing was a disappointment. We were upset this was the meal we didnt have more time to sit and enjoy. Would definitely recommend this for a date night - or even business meeting. (may not be suitable for children - as their menu is typical steakhouse - and not many kid friendly portions).

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We reserved a table at lunchtime last Friday for Friday night. When we arrived we were told that the restaurant had decided not to open that night, as they had a private function earlier that day which would appear to have over run although there were no diners there when we turned up.
We were very disappointed as this restaurant had been highly recommended to us.