“Best Doughnuts Ever”

Ranked #7 of 468 Dessert in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Description: Doughnut Plant is the pioneer gourmet doughnut purveyor, making deliciously original doughnuts by hand, every day, since 1994.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This place is a little more expensive than your typical doughnut shop, but the doughnuts are outstanding. Our family ordered several different types of doughnuts and shared them, and they were all great. Definitely the best doughnuts I've ever had.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had a vanilla yeast donut, a creme brûlée donut, and a cinnamon/sugar cake donut. These were some of the best donuts I've ever had! I was a bit disappointed that none of the famous square-filled-donut flavors sounded appealing to me, but the yumminess of the ones I had made up for it!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was on my way to meet friends at a movie theatre and felt hungry walked in and found at least a half a dozen donuts I felt like having. Always a problem. I picked a jelly donut. Lived it.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

This place is the holy grail of doughnuts. A little walk from the subway. Not the nicest area, but no problems. It is worth the effort. The banana pecan donut is awesome. Pricing in NY is much higher than GA. Prices were consistent with NYC though. The next day I found these donuts at the Time Warner Center Whole Foods. Whole lacked the variety. Make the trip if you can.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is the best doughnut I have ever had.... ever. I had the vanilla bean (yeast). It was delicious and much bigger than a standard doughnut. They are $3.50/each. Be sure to get milk or a bottle of water to go with it. Definitely worth waiting in line.

1  Thank Jen_K_777