“Coconut creme donut is heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Doughnut Plant

Doughnut Plant
Ranked #6 of 441 Dessert in New York City
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
New York City, New York
“Coconut creme donut is heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

About 6 years ago, while watching a travel show, I was introduced to the plant. 6 years later, it is still my go to place for all things donut! The coconut creme donut is absolutely my favorite thing in this world but there's so many other flavors to choose from. The lower east side location is the original location and is my favorite of them all! These blow any dunkin donuts out of the water for sure. Certainly a more gourmet donut. Please go eat one!!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Virginia
“Divine and Original”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

My friends have been raving about these doughnuts. So glad I was finally able to try a few for myself. First of all, let me say that most of their doughnuts are square shaped and rather large. Second, they have a very unique selection of flavors AND they use all natural ingredients. I tried the coconut cream doughnut! It was delish! Melt in your mouth. And the cream was not your typical Dunkin Donuts style cream. This cream tasted like it was made of pure coconut milk. Very unique and clearly natural. So good! I had a bite of my husband's crème brule doughnut. If you like crème brule, this is your dream doughnut. In comparison to the large square doughnuts, the crème brule doughnut is tiny and round. But do not be deceived, it is very rich and the perfect size. This doughnut is crème brule perfection. I cannot wait to go back and try other doughnuts, like the Meyer Lemon and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. There is a nice seating area to enjoy your treats. They have the most adorable plush doughnuts mounted on the wall. Super cute decor. Get yourself down to Doughnut Plant!

• Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
“Sooooo good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I loved this place. It's moderately priced. Not expensive but you aren't at Dunkin either. The blackout was my favorite.

1 Thank Rohal M
Houston
“This Place is AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I'm so glad my traveling companion knew about this place!! I'll never go to NYC without visiting again. It's a little tough to find, but so worth it! Their doughnut seeds are their version of doughnut holes and are a bit larger than the norm. I bought a creme brulee seed and was in heaven. It was creme brulee filled and had the burnt sugar on the top. Yummy!! I also tried a Meyer lemon poppy seed which was delicious. I got the cake version of this doughnut but would probably try the raised version next time - it may be a little less filling. It's a bit pricey but worth every penny! The shop itself is so cute and has a doughnut theme throughout the seats, floor, door handles everywhere!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jennie B
“Good doughnuts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I ordered tres leches cake($3.25) for me, creme brulee ($3.50) and vanilla bean yeast ($3) <which was supposedly vanilla bean with filling but the cashier probably didn't hear the "filling" part>. Tres Leches was good, it was like a cake in doughnut shape. Not too sweet, just enough for my taste :)