“Good doughnuts”

Ranked #6 of 432 Dessert in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Description: Doughnut Plant is the pioneer gourmet doughnut purveyor, making deliciously original doughnuts by hand, every day, since 1994.
“Good doughnuts”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I ordered tres leches cake($3.25) for me, creme brulee ($3.50) and vanilla bean yeast ($3) <which was supposedly vanilla bean with filling but the cashier probably didn't hear the "filling" part>. Tres Leches was good, it was like a cake in doughnut shape. Not too sweet, just enough for my taste :)

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, MN
“The Best Donut EVER”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

So we stumbled on this place by accident and thank goodness that we did!!! It is pricey, yes, but worth every penny and then some. The one that I went to bed planning thinking about and woke up anticipating is the creme brûlée donut. It is tiny, so savor every crunchy topped, creamy filled bite and then go back for more. The PB&J one was wonderful and the blackout, just ok, but that is because I am not a huge chocolate fan. Really, you can't go wrong with any choice, besides the choice not to get a creme brûlée with ever order.

• Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
“Creative Doughnut-ery”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stopped by here for a mid-afternoon snack. It is a bit out of the way, but totally worth it. Lots of super-creative flavors to choose from. Our favorite was the strawberry cake doughnut - delicious! Or if you prefer your doughnuts light and fluffy, go for a yeast doughnut - we had the Meyer Lemon :)

Visited April 2014
Reims, France
“The best doughnuts!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

A very small shop, little chance to have a seat, in fact we didn't, but honestly, the best doughnuts we've ever eaten. So many different tastes, that it's very hard to choose, but they are all fantastic!

Visited March 2014
City, NJ
“Yummy <3 <3”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This place is within a <15 minute from Chinatown. Its close by a bagel spot and other stores. Picked up some doughnuts in March, after checking out doughnut plant in 23rd between 7th & 8th (I think). The place really had such a heating problem. Yes, it was cold outside still, but geez. The temperature inside, the staff says can't do anything about it. I mean it fogged up my glasses, and had to take off my jacket to purchase donuts. It was really sweltering of heat, and yummy doughnuts in there. Despite that though, the douhgnuts are yummy. Bought >$50 worth of goods for me, my family, and co-workers. The doughnuts I go for are the tres leches, and crème brûlée donuts. So, so, so yummy!

• Visited March 2014