“Am I in Heaven?”

Ranked #6 of 444 Dessert in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Description: Doughnut Plant is the pioneer gourmet doughnut purveyor, making deliciously original doughnuts by hand, every day, since 1994.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

All I can say is that the last time I was in New York, I missed my flight trying to get doughnuts from the Doughnut Plant. The traffic was so bad that my husband actually jogged down the road to get doughnuts. We still didn't get any because they had run out AND we missed our flight. But I'm just sad about the doughnuts. . . .

They are seriously delicious. I personally prefer the traditional round doughnuts, which I believe are made with yeast. The square cake doughnuts are a bit heavy for my taste.

Try the rose or anything berry or chocolate. Wow! I am really cursing myself for having missed out this time!

We're in Tokyo next week, so we'll be trying out the Doughnut Plant there!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Melts in your mouth kind of good. Go there. Go there now! and try the key lime cocnut. Trust me, just try it.

1  Thank 2autigers
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great service, great location, funky decor and above all, awesome doughnuts!!! Would love to return again sometime soon! Many thanks!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

You MUST have the creme brulee doughnut. It is amazing. We went on a Saturday afternoon and the line wasn't very long and it moved quickly. The strawberry lemonade was delicious.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Sunday morning for doughnuts and coffee. The line was long but definitely worth it. I'm just sorry we only tried two varieties...the chocolate chip cookie and coconut lime. They were both delicious. The chocolate chip cookie was the best doghnut I have ever tasted. I will be back!