“Best donuts and cinnamon buns”
Review of Doughnut Plant

Doughnut Plant
Ranked #6 of 432 Dessert in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Description: Doughnut Plant is the pioneer gourmet doughnut purveyor, making deliciously original doughnuts by hand, every day, since 1994.
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Best donuts and cinnamon buns”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I discovered the Doughnut Plant from the Food Network years ago and have been going every time I am in the city. My son and I have never had a bad donut from there and the blackberry is just amazing ! We tried the lemon yeast donut the other day and I love that they put lemon zest in the glaze so you have a nice balance and the almond cake donut was SO good !! I am a huge fan of the cinnamon bun and always make a point to get extra to freeze. They are packed full of cinnamon and raisins and just the most wonderful cinnamon buns I have every had. We were thrilled when they opened the location at 23rd & 7th Ave since they are opened later and we don't have the presure of rushing downtown before the Grand Street location runs out. The donuts range from around $ 2.00-$ 3.00 some would say a bit pricey but the yeast donuts are large ( cimmamon buns around $ 2.50 & huge ) and a wonderful treat. Well worth the trip.

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Give me a hot Krispy Kreme Original Glazed!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

When I heard they had a peanut butter and jelly doughnut, I just about ran to the shop. They have some really inventive doughnuts (cream brulee, passion fruit, banana cream peanut butter square, etc.), though they’re not nearly as good as they sound. The doughnuts were good, though not great.

This hipster gourmet doughnut shop is a bit too pricey (about $3 / doughnut) without being able to back it up. I know this place gets rave reviews, though a hot Krispy Kreme Original Glazed wins hands down any day of the week.

For a local joint, head to the 7th Avenue Donuts & Diner in Brooklyn (a.k.a. Donut Luncheonette). They are a cheaper and friendlier shop whose doughnuts are heavenly when they are warm; that’s a shop that’s worth running to.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank IchBesorgeDasBier
Savannah, Georgia
“Visions of sugar glaze dance in my head”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Don't miss this gourmet doughnut treat! All the flavors are tempting- we bought too many and they don't keep too long- no preservatives are used. The care that goes into making these tasty treats is impressive. This is a very small joint, expect to wait on line- but DO WAIT! Yeast doughnuts my fave- COCONUT was to die for! Wish I had one right now. Cake doughnuts also excellent- try Tres Leche. Lemon is yummy! Get there early- when a flavor runs out, it's gone until tomorrow.

Visited March 2013
on my feet
“go to the w23rd st location instead. . .”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

. . .it's better in every way--same selection, plus they serve full espresso selections, and have decent seating. . .i have grown weary of plant's products over the last four years--their yeast donuts have lost their lustre, imho, and their cinnamon bun, once luscious, flaky and decadent, is now pretty average. stick with their cake donuts--blackout and the tres leches are the staples to start with. . .

• Visited March 2013
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“The best doughnut I ever had in a cool little circle themed cafe”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Just a short walk from our hotel we where in need for a nice afternoon snack and coffee. I did some research and so we ended up here. It was not so busy as some reviews made to believe and despite little seating available we found a spot on the doughnut themed bench. The choice is excellent and delicious. Got good advise by a nice and helpful staff . Coconut filled was soooo good. Coffee is nice too. It's not cheap but in a 9 day stay we went another 3 times says enough.