“Best donut I have ever had”
Review of Doughnut Plant

Doughnut Plant
Ranked #6 of 444 Dessert in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Description: Doughnut Plant is the pioneer gourmet doughnut purveyor, making deliciously original doughnuts by hand, every day, since 1994.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had the best donut I have ever had there... A coconut cream one. If you like sweet coconut things, be prepared.

1  Thank androoryan

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place has the BEST doughnuts in the world! I saw a programe on TV about a year ago about this place and always said if i was in new york I would go there! well...I did! and it was better than expected! Very small but we was lucky it wasnt busy but ive heard in peak times it can get very busy! I had the PBJ square doughnut and my friend had the banana cream peanut butter square doughnut they were amazing! we just couldnt leave!! so we got a box to take away and I would say you have to try the tres leches and creme brule for sure! but any that you choose you will love!! We went to the grand street shop on the lower east side! Its right on the edge of china town and little italy. Im so sad at the thought I may never have these again!! :-( I will just have to go to NYC again!

1  Thank Layla C
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

So we decided to visit on a recent trip to the city and especially after seeing the shop on the Food Network. We were not disappointed and although a little pricey ... You get what you pay for ! ! ! The pbj is to die for, I mean genius! I tried chocolate upon chocolate and vanilla and chocolate and sooo many others but mmmm is all I can say. Lol the freshness of the ingredients really standout. You won't walk away unsatisfied..

1  Thank MissNikkii
Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you're going to indulge in eating a doughnut, this is the place. The flavors, the shapes, the fillings -- fantastic.

1  Thank travelgal1970
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I love donuts - let me just say that. And I would consider myself a donut expert - I have had some of the best rated donuts across the US and The Doughnut Plant is at the top. My husband likes doughnuts but he can take them or leave them. Let me tell you these were so good that as we were headed back to out hotel via subway my husband got off the train to run and get these for the second time and meet me back at the hotel - his idea.

We went to the Chelsea Hotel location - there were places to sit and a funky, fun atmosphere. Our favorites were the carrot cake donut (how does he get the filling in there - a square donut!) and the peanut butter and jelly donut. But we did not have a bad one. now you will pay for these (about $3 each) but definitely make this a breakfast stop. I don't mind paying for something that is high quality. If you love donuts - this is your place - make it happen!

1  Thank itktravels