“Like coming home - Great atmosphere, excellent food”
Review of Home

Home
Ranked #3,524 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Very interesting menu - refreshing among all the ethnic restaurants in village.
I was made aware of this restaurantt during a Food Tour of Greenwich Village. Cornelia street has several excellent restaurants, but what attracted me was the "local" food focus - using and preparing short travelled, local produce. Their American wine list is very interesting.

I had the Clam chowder for starter - it was very good! 5 large clams in their shells in a wonderful broth with chive, bacon and potatoes.

For main, I had the pork ribs. Very were tender! Could eat it with a spoon, and it was perfectly balanced with a long roasted beet root - sweet with a hint of earthiness
Even if I was full, I was tempted to go with the lavender creme brûlée - I did not regret it! Yummy!

Got good wine pairings from the local wines on the wine list

A wonderful evening!

I will be back

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Four of us had a lovely, quiet brunch before going to see the Academy Awards nominations for short, live-action films at the IFC on 6th Ave. We walked into the Cornelia Street Cafe first but the noise level was unbearable so we walked across the street to 'Home' and loved it.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Had a salad and soup for starters (both excellent), mac-n-cheese next which was very rich and filling but good, then a chicken dish for the main course which was also tasty. My wife had an eggplant dish and didn't like it very much. Other than that, it was a great experience. We ate at Palma the night before and I would recommend that over this, but both were worth trying.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

On a cold, snowy day we had a delicious comforting lunch at Home. The food and coffee were amazing and the atmosphere was so cozy and welcoming. The staff were very kind and attentive.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

As part of an organised food tour of the Greenwich area, we stopped at Home to sample some Mac & Cheese, which blew both of my girlfriend and me away... So we immediately booked a table for dinner that evening!

We didn't regret our decision, as we had probably the best meal of our stay in New York.

We started with the mussels to share, which come with sausage chunks and pieces of toasted bread, all of which complemented the copious white wine sauce. A nice light way to start the meal, for sure.

My girlfriend took the roasted chicken breast for main, which came with artichokes, meaty olives, and a rich risotto accompaniment, which she enjoyed immensely. The chicken was moist, and the flavours all worked well with one another, and I'm sure she would have finished it if her stomach size allowed!

I went off piste and had the pork chop main from the specials menu. I wasn't disappointed. It came with a creamy mash potato and fried spring onions, which I could probably have eaten again if they offered a second portion.

We shared the chocolate pudding for dessert, which was rich and velvety... One was probably enough for the two of us though!

The restaurant is quite small, so I'd advise booking if you want to make sure you get a table - it's definitely worth a trip to Greenwich alone though, so I'd recommend you make the effort!