“Steak is one of the very best I've had.”

Old Homestead Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Homestead Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #860 of 14,015 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Between 14th and 15th Streets
Transit: The A, C, E and L Subway Lines, to the 8th and 14th Street Stops
Description: Classic Gotham Steakhouse located in the ultra chic Meat Packing District, established in 1868. The restaurant maintains it's strong relationships with their butchers, allowing them to get their first pick of beef. Nothing but prime dry aged meat - always has been and always will be. Winner of the 2006 Wine Spectator Award. Lobsters ranging in sizes from 4 - 13 lbs., sushi grade tuna, sockeye salmon, Colossal crab meat and shrimp so big they are referred to as small bananas.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was blown away by the steak. Cooked perfectly, so tender, thick & very tasty. I forgot what side dish I had since my mind was only on the steak. The decor is great for a steak house, comfortable and a great place for any occasion to enjoy one of the best steaks I've eaten. I will be making reservations again. Expensive, but enjoyable.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We had visited the restaurant in 2011 and had a great meal but we were a little disappointed with the quality of the steak and service when we visited earlier this month.
There was little or no atmosphere with staff going through the motions. We did enjoy the Mac n Cheese though!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

All i can say is WOW. The Mignon on the Bone was bloody amazing. Great quality and reasonably priced as well.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Loud, crowded, terrible service. Food however was excellent, but does not make up for everything else.

Not worth $500 for a party of four.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Staying in the meatpacking district I felt we should visit the oldest steakhouse in a place that should know about meat! I have to say the Steak's were great and Huge! however the rest of the food was unimpressive, my jacket potato was rotten in parts and the bits that weren't rotten were undercooked. For the prices they charge I would expect everything to be outstanding and it wasn't. Particularly the service. We arrived and were greeted by a very rude waiter, when we told him we didn't want starters, he seemed to loose interest and we didn't really see him again. wouldn't visit again