“Great restaurant!”
Review of Rosie O'Grady's

Rosie O'Grady's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosie O'Grady's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #440 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 52nd Street
Transit: D & E trains to 7th Avenue-53rd Street; 1 train to 50th Street; N & R trains to 49th Street; C train to 50th Street
Description: Family owned and operated for over 30 years, Rosie O'Grady's is conveniently located in Midtown. We offer full lunch and dinner menus featuring dishes for all tastes. You can enjoy the finest quality Prime USDA steaks and fresh seafood cooked to your liking, as well as hearty pastas, or light crispy salads. Main Bar open daily till 3:00 a.m. Our lower level Pub is open Monday thru Saturday, after 5:00 p.m. and offers our Gastropub Menu. Live music every Saturday after 10:00 p.m.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stopped here after a theatre visit for a late supper. Had soup and salad. I had Corn Chowder and it was delicious. Light and tasty not heavy with cream. My friends had the French Onion Soup and it was also delicious. Our only complaint was that the bread was cold. Not much effort to serve warm bread. Nice atmosphere and not too noisy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,848)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Admittedly, we went in expecting exactly what we got - good food, not so great service. But the restaurant was near our hotel and we were looking to make an early evening of it. The shrimp and scallop risotto was fabulous. The steaks were good, not great. The service was awful. We actually thought at one point our waitress had left. That said, though, we were not in a hurry and had anticipated the service problems. If you're not in a hurry and don't mind a lack of attentiveness, it's not a bad stop.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was so disappointed with our recent trip to Rosie's! In the past, it's been stellar but this time it was awful. I ordered steak and lobster and when my meal finally came, it was stone cold. The service also sucked. Not sure if the waiter figured we were tourists and not worth the trouble but it was his loss as we are both professionals and always tip appropriately. I used to love this place but won't ever go back again. bummer.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Big barn of a place, clean as a new pin but impersonal. We had a late lunch at the bar. It was quiet. The barman, though standing just a few feet away, had to be encouraged to come nearer take our order for drinks and was very hard to find when we were ready to order our food. The food was delivered in much the same manner but it tasted okay and was of good quantity. We weren't surprised at the high cost because of the location but it didn't represent good value for money; it did save us walking any further. The beer was very good.

There was nothing that happened that would stop me going back there if I was outside and hungry or thirsty. There was nothing about it that would inspire me to go back or to recommend it to friends. It was okay. To rate it 2 star would be harsh so I've rated it 3 but, as you can see below, I've struggled with individual ratings. It may well be a bit better when the shift has changed and there are more people to serve.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have been to rosie o'grady's twice and if I had more time I would have gone back again. The bartender named Micheal was fantastic with his service and his memory. The second time I went in was two nights after my first trip and he remembered me and what we were drinking. Now that is amazing considering how many New Yorkers were in there in both nights. The price was more than reasonable ( a lot cheaper than toronto ) which I certainly did not expect. The atmosphere was fun and the food was very tasty. Make sure you drop in when you are at time square, you will not regret it.
Steve s