“Cosy, welcoming and really nice food”
Review of Rosie O'Grady's

Rosie O'Grady's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosie O'Grady's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #452 of 13,681 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 52nd Street
Transit: D & E trains to 7th Avenue-53rd Street; 1 train to 50th Street; N & R trains to 49th Street; C train to 50th Street
Description: Family owned and operated for over 30 years, Rosie O'Grady's is conveniently located in Midtown. We offer full lunch and dinner menus featuring dishes for all tastes. You can enjoy the finest quality Prime USDA steaks and fresh seafood cooked to your liking, as well as hearty pastas, or light crispy salads. Main Bar open daily till 3:00 a.m. Our lower level Pub is open Monday thru Saturday, after 5:00 p.m. and offers our Gastropub Menu. Live music every Saturday after 10:00 p.m.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Cosy, welcoming and really nice food”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This pleasantly lit, comfortable restaurant makes you feel right at home. Although the menu is not really out of the ordinary, the preparation of what's on this menu is really well done. Will look forward to come back again next visit.

• Visited June 2012

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“One of the friendliest Pubs you could vist”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

On visiting New York we found it dificult to find a reasonable place to eat. Fast food everywhere and not very pleasantly displayed. Rosie O'Grady's was a find well worth visiting (we were there twice) the atmosphere and food were exceptional in quality and price, along with friendly staff make it special.

Terceira, Portugal
“Fantastic food, best French onion soup I have ever had!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family and I enjoyed a nice dinner here around 8pm on a week night, no reservation was made. I ordered the Prix Fixe menu that was priced at around $32.00 and came with French onion soup, beef medallions, whipped potatoes, and a chocolate raspberry cake. Every thing I ordered was absolutely delicious! What I enjoyed most was the French onion soup, its by far the best soup I have ever had. Very crispy baguette, great portion of melted cheese, and well seasoned broth. Another fantastic part of my meal was that the "medallions" were not your typical small pieces of meat you sometimes see, these medallions were about 3 ounces each and it came with 3 of them. The steak was perfectly cooked and seasoned, dessert was very tasty, and the service was great. I loved the classic yet sophisticated atmosphere of the restaurant and enjoyed the dim lighting. I would highly recommend Rosie O' Grady's for a romantic dinner or a dinner with family and friends. It would also be safe to make a reservation on weekends as with most places in NYC, enjoy!

Va
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went here on a Friday night for dinner. We only waited 10 minutes or so for a table. Food was good, typically priced for NYC and we had no complaints on the service. Would recommend.

Visited March 2013
Grand Cayman
“We won't be going back!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Although the restaurant allowed us to book the table for 11:00 pm when we got there we had the impression that they were just waiting to close up. This feeling was reinforced by the waiting staff attitude!
We each had a ceasar salad to start with, which turned out to be very mediocre. The waitress did not bring the requested glasses of wine for about 10 minutes even though we did see her trotting to and from the bar with one glass at a time??
My "Fish & Chips" were burnt (how do you burn fish and chips? I ahve a theory about that) I sent them back. Finally recieved a replacement (with half the French Fries I sent back) by which time my wife had made a brave effort at eating her meal. The Fish was tasteless, the "Beer Batter" stodgy. We gave up on that!
Then foolishly I asked for Coffe..my wife wanted tea. The waitress came back telling us there was no coffee...I could not believe it. She went and had a word with the manager and came back with some story about the "coffee machine" being broken.
All together a total disaster.

2 Thank Belgarion