“Just like home.”

44 Southwest Ristorante & Bar
Ranked #1,761 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: 44 SW Ristorante & Bar is a family owned traditional Italian restaurant in the Hell’s Kitchen area of New York City.
“Just like home.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Finally after traveling for a week straight, this meal was my first proper meal! And it was amazing. Staff we're extremely friendly, and helpful and service was fast.
Highly recommend to anyone looking for a decent place to eat..meal was About $20 each although I don't understand why they give us a price to tip them. I wasn't happy about that. I should decide how much I want to tip them.

Phoenix, AZ
“Good neighborhood Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is a nice restaurant on 9th ave not too far from the theater district where most food is overpriced and average. This restaurant has a nice menu with good prices. I had the Puttanesca which in my opinion was excellent. I also shared some chicken parmigiana which was pretty good but I will say I am picky about my parm so someone else might have loved it. My father had pizza which he did not care for but it is not typical NY pizza so that is why he didn't like it. Overall, I would definitely go back. Atmosphere is good except if you are seated by the bathrooms, it is a bit disturbing and awkward as they are right in the dining area.

• Visited June 2012
Corpus Christi, Texas
“44 SW”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is a great Italian eatery on the corner of w 44 st and 9th ave. The food was very good with a friendly staff and family working the front and in the kitchen. Locals stop for the bar and dinner. That should tell you something. We enjoyed the open to outside options with the sliding glass walls allowing you to be just off the street and at the same time have AC. The place just felt right. We highly recommend it and we will certainly return.

• Visited May 2012
New York City
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We celebrate all special occasions here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

This family run restaurant has been around a long time, the staff is warm and friendly, and the food is fantastic--what more do you want?? This is what I would call a comfortably upscale restaurant; you wouldn't be out of place wearing jeans or more formal attire, which is perfect for a place in the middle of a tourist hotspot! If you're going to visit New York City, walk over that one extra block from Times Square to 9th Avenue. We live here and go to 44SW all the time, for date nights, birthdays, anniversaries...there are options for every budget. Favorite dishes include the gnocchi, Chicken 44, chicken and apple salad, and pasta del giorno. There's a great wine selection, and for dessert, the tartufo can't be missed. Be aware of "theater rush hour" (6:30-7:30p, usually) when people are heading to dinner before seeing a show; that goes for anywhere that's good!

• Visited May 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great little Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Great food and the staff were very friendly. Very cute little neighborhood restaurant.

Visited May 2012