“Fantastic ambiance and food”

Da Andrea Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Da Andrea Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #613 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great times at Da Andrea! Love the pastas and house Chianti. Service is also wonderful. Call ahead for reservations!

There are newer reviews for Da Andrea Ristorante

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a relative living in the area as one of the best of it's kind and she was certainly correct. The atmosphere is down to earth and cozy - brown paper on the table, coat hooks on the wall, light enough to read the menu. Our table of four had four different main dishes, salads and desserts - all very tasty and competently prepared - and two bottles of wine for about $120. The noise level was almost enough to stifle conversation, but not quite - they've put some acoustic panels on the ceiling which probably helped. We had a great experience and will come back in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

A nice little restaurant, tucked away in a side street, friendly service -they talk to you-, very reasonable prices. What more do you want? Ah, yes, the food. The salad (tricolore) was fresh and delightful, the homemade fresh pasta: we had the black-inked tagliatelle with a wonderful sauce, and then the scallops with shiitake sautéed. Everything came in perfection.We had to get extra bread to savor the last drop of the sauce. And then, the delicious chocolate cake. Nice selection of wines, as well. We loved it all. Thanks.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nestled in between 5th and 6th Avenue on 13th Street is the most amazing Italian restaurant I've ever eaten at. With that said, I write this review with a certain air of hesitance.

I've had what is quite possibly two of my best meals in my life. The reason I'm hesitant is because it really is a jewel. Where in NYC can you get an AMAZING meal that is so affordable without reservations and impeccable service? Da Andrea is the answer.

Our meal started off with an appetizer of mussels which were the tastiest and meatiest mussels I've had in a LONG time, if not ever. My first plate was homemade veal & Spinach ravioli with cream mushrooms, prosciutto and entree of Hanger steak with potato cake, shallots and cabernet wine sauce. Dessert was the most amazing Tiramisu I've ever had. Ugh. So. Amazing.

Lastly, the service was amazing, from the host that is constantly talking to the patrons to the multiple waiters that will accommodate your most mundane needs. Just amazing.

Check out all my other reviews, I don't hand out 5 stars very easily. This was a well deserved 5 star review that would've received 6 stars if that were possible.

1  Thank benne017
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Da Andrea was recommended to many years ago by my italian teacher. It used to be my go to place for dinner downtown. I would dream about the grilled calamari! After they moved somehow i didn't go again until I found myself downtown without reservations on a cold rainy Tuesday night, party of 4... They had a table so we went and it was as great as I remembered! Zuppa di pesce- amazing, of course the grilled calamari and the fresh buns with prosciutto. The prices are low and the service was great! Can't wait to go again.

1  Thank laurasontheroadagain