“Great Italian Dinner, Cozy Atmosphere”

Da Andrea Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Da Andrea Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #221 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed November 28, 2012

They were able to squeeze 7 of us in for dinner without a reservation, so we were happy with this restaurant right away! Everyone was happy with their orders (house red wine is great!). They make their own pasta on site, so the papardelle and raviloli are just the right texture. The rosciutto appetizer is really good as well, and easy to share with the table.

1  Thank lizzybeth42

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Seven of us (one child, one adolescent and five adults) tried Da Andre for the first time. The consensus was that the food was excellent! We had a variety of dishes and the highlights were: thinly sliced beef with arugula, parmesan and hearts of palm; homemade cavatelli in with shrimp, fresh salmon in a light pesto sauce; and my favorite was the spinach ravioli stuffed with duck an mushroom. YUMMMM. The service was fine... not intrusive like some places are ("How was that ginger ale? Was it okay? Are you sure?") and the atmosphere was very good - the noise level was low (for a Manhattan restaurant) and we could easily hear each others' conversation. The only thing that was (very slightly) disappointing was that I'm not a big fan of wine (they had some decent choices, I'm told) and they did not have a full bar of liquors. Small quibble. Try this place... the prices are more than reasonable for the quality of the ingredients.

1  Thank MrBill53
Reviewed October 17, 2012

WE had a party of 6 on Sat night. We did eat early before heading uptown to a show. Have no complaints! All appetizers were good. Tried Mozzarella tomato salad, mixed green salad, veggie tower, specials shrimp bisque and mushroom rissotto. Appetizer portions were very generous. Pastas were good, here portion not as generous if planning on that being your entree. Women were good with size, men were still hungry. Shrimp and grouper dishes were excellent. We made reservations, table was ready when got there. Did not feel rushed, and servers were attentive.
I would definitely recommend

1  Thank Besos43
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I usually keep a copy of my restaurant bills to help me remember what I had. I usually don’t need them as if it was a good experience I can usually remember. In the case of Da Andrea the only thing I can remember was Chicken Paillard which was dry and I believe my wife might have had spaghetti. Given previous reviews it was disappointing. They also only take reservations for more than two people, which was not a problem when we visited on a Wednesday evening, but at weekend might be. Chairs were also very uncomfortable, they are not alone and it never ceases to amaze me why restaurants cannot provide comfortable chairs.

1  Thank rwlid
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant - very welcoming, attentive staff and the food is gorgeous. We ate early on a Saturday evening and although the restaurant was quite busy we were given full attention throughout. I would recommend it very highly.

2  Thank KeziahLondon