“Don't miss experiencing this gem!”
Review of Calle Ocho

Calle Ocho
Reserve with OpenTable
Calle Ocho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #565 of 14,592 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Between Columbus and Central Park West
Transit: 1 at 79th Street and Broadway and B & C at 81st Street and Central Park West.
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Wow! Best Cuban food of my life! Don't miss experiencing this culinary experience.

Recommend: beet salad, datiles (bacon wrapped dates with hearts of palm).

Delicious paella

I will be back to try more dishes!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were staying in the Excelsior Hotel, where Calle Ocho is located, so it began as a convenient place to eat. But the food brought us back. There are distinctive menu items that the staff will both describe and recommend - or steer you away from if necessary. It can be very noisy, so if that bothers you - as it does me - ask for a table that takes noise level into consideration. I would most definitely go back to Calle Ocho no matter where I'm staying!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Went early on a weeknight. Out table was good, the service was friendly and the server made every dish sound delicious.bFirst we were sere served excellent warm bread with black bean spread. Then we both had the prawn appetizers and loved them! The cobination of the prawns, the guacamole and onion rings was a taste treat. For entrees we had the sea bass, which was also very flavorful. However, the roasted potatos and greens underneath were cold. The desserts were large- I would recommend the dulce de leche flan- crunchy sweet crust and soft custard inside. We were not impressed with the sangria- too sweet and served with too much ice- in the glass and in the pitcher.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Calle Ocho moved into the Excelsior Hotel since I was last there. The atmosphere is a little more formal than the big party room in the old location, but the food is still the excellent pan-Latin that Calle Ocho serves. The service was excellent, the drinks top-notch and of course, the food delicious. The taquitos are my favorite, but everything is excellent. Calle Ocho is one of my favorite places in Manhattan.

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We all enjoyed the food but the lighting could be better, I do like to see my food. Waiters very attentive and knowledgeable about menu. Well worth a visit.