“A very enjoyable night out”
Review of Calle Ocho

Calle Ocho
Reserve with OpenTable
Calle Ocho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #866 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Between Columbus and Central Park West
Transit: 1 at 79th Street and Broadway and B & C at 81st Street and Central Park West.
Katonah, New York
“A very enjoyable night out”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hosted a birthday dinner for one of our daughters in March at Calle Ocho
Appys are my favorite thing and I was overjoyed at the many artful offerings.
Generous drinks. Fresh food.
The bill was reasonable.
The service was great.
Gladly left a 20% grat.
Go back in a minute.

• Visited March 2013

Red Feather Lakes, Colorado
“Great food and drinks”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

In our hotel, great food, service and drinks. Loved the atmosphere, the resturant was nice and not to busy. We had the taco appetizer which has a nice selection of meat, chicken, shrimp and condiments. The mojitos were great, try the coconut!!

Pittsburgh, PA
“Great ambiance, great food!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The food was delicious...especially the little cheese/bread ball things they brought before our meal!! I had the veggie paella, but wish I would have gotten the salmon that my husband got!!! Mashed potatoes were DELICIOUS!!! The ambiance is great too!! Dark and loud, but not so much that you can't see or hear!! It was pricey, but I guess no really when you consider it's NYC!!

seattle
“Fast service, good food”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Ate in bar, needing a quick meal before racing out to theatre. Friendly barman, fast service on appetizer menu, very comfortable 45 mins without stress. Excellent food.

Redding, Connecticut
“Awesome night out”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have a not-entirely-novel theory about bread and restaurants: if the bread you get before your meal is delicious, chances are that your meal will be as well. Case in point: Calle Ocho. As soon as I popped one of those sweet, cheesy little bread balls into my mouth, with a swath of black bean paste, I knew we were in for a good meal. I wasn't wrong! The food here is delicious and generously served, the prices are reasonable, the service is excellent, and the ambiance is unique. I recommend the Bistec (Cuban-style steak frites with yucca fries), the Paella (with Chorizo; really, really good), and the Pato (duck two ways; described by a friend as the "best duck [he's] ever had"). Depending on where you sit, the restaurant can get a bit loud, with Latin music blaring from the speakers, but it's all part of the experience. So too was our waiter, who was attentive, helpful, and personable, and the restaurant itself was very accommodating, taking my reservations just 2 hours prior on a Friday night. Finally, don't hesitate to ask for more of those cheese balls to take home. There's no shame in hoarding!

• Visited February 2013