“Outstanding”

The Four Seasons Restaurant
Ranked #819 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Park and Lexington Avenues
Transit: 6 train to 51st Street E, M trains to Lexington Ave/53rd Street 4, 5, 6, N, Q, R to 59th Street / Lexington Ave
Description: The Grill Room at The Four Seasons Restaurant is truly a New York phenomenon. Attracting New Yorkers for generations, it's played host to every major social event from JFK's 45th birthday party to Manhattan's last Grammy Awards celebration. Open Monday through Friday, the Grill Room is home to the original New York "Power Lunch." At night the Grill caters to those interested in flavorful cocktails and a bite to eat within Phillip Johnson's one-of-a-kind design.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We sat along the edge near the front windows so we could look in the main room and also through the gold drapes which twinkled as they moved. The service was excellent, all the waiters seem to be over 55 and seem as though they want to be there and were 100% dedicated to making the evening a memorable one. Both the starters and mains were delightful and the large pool feature in the centre of the room was relaxing.

If you love fine dining and are visiting NYC then a trip to the four seasons restaurant is a must.

1 Thank Docmatt

Lorton, Virginia
“Excellent Special Celebration”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We enjoyed our 35th anniversary celebration dinner in the Four Seasons Restaurant's Pool Room and it was an excellent experience. Clearly the menu is pricey, so go into this with your eyes open, but the staff is friendly and attentive, but not "hovering," and the food was outstanding. We are glad we decided to spend our anniversary dinner there.

Visited July 2014
Zürich
“Best food in Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

We were having dinner there one night (staying in a nearby hotel). They offer a buffet for 150Lira per person (kids half price), which is a lot of money but really worth it. You get an extensive choice of appetizers, they grill meat and fish outside and have around ten more hot dishes to choose from. The dessert buffet was rich of local sweets and a cheese buffet. They even had a turkish delights buffet with Lukum etc. As our kids did not like these oriental desserts, they received ice cream at no additional charge.

We were staying 4 days in Istanbul and this was definitely our best eating experience.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Absolutely scrumptious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I were fortunate enough to be taken to dinner here recently. I had no expectations but I was blown away by the food, as was he. It was one of the best meals I've ever had. Due to food allergies, I ordered the filet instead of some less-pricy dishes I would have gone for if I could have. I'm not a frequent steak eater--I tend to prefer chicken or vegetarian (cheese-filled) dishes--but it was absolutely amazing. I gave my boyfriend a bite if it and he commented that he'd wondered what justified a $75 price tag but it was probably the best steak he'd ever had. Everything was delicious--appetizer, dinner, and desert. The atmosphere was really nice, too. I could definitely see returning for a special occasion.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Everybody that "pulses" NYC dines @ The Four Seasons Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Dined twice at the Four Season (over a five day stay) mostly because I had two different sets of guests to entertain and make feel special. Calling the Four Seasons an iconic NYC institution is an understatement. The "Pool" room is haunted with the spirits of everything that was every anything in the city. The old time waiters are on a first name bases with the patrons with relationships that are twenty/thirty years in the making. Everything about dining there is proper and stylish. The food is to die for and has enjoyed unrelenting reliability over fifty years. Never, never miss this restaurant if you're in the city.

2 Thank Terry B