“Good food -small portions”
Review of Salmon River Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Fifth Avenue
Transit: 4,5,6,7 to Grand Central. B,F,V,D to 42nd and 6th Avenue.
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Good food -small portions”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I had lunch at Salmon River. We both like to eat salmon. I ordered the price fixed lunch for $19. I had a choice of soup or salad and several entree options. I ordered the salad and organic salmon which came with mashed potatoes and vegetables. The salad was quite small as well as the piece of organic salmon. I was very disappointed as well as still being hungry. The service was satisfactory.

• Visited December 2012

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We arrived at our hotel and thought the restaurant would be very good , as expected of the Marriot name! The food was okay but not at all spectacular for the price

Visited November 2012
2 Thank casswife
San Francisco, California
“Nice suprise at a Courtyard property!!!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I am a Marriott junkie so I have stayed at lots of Marriott properties…was interesting to learn in posting this review that it used to be a Clarion property. It was crazy busy when I dropped by for dinner and a drink. Sat at the bar and had a GREAT scallops salad, good martini and pleasant service. Nice job!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
Livingston, NJ
“Not a Great Choice for Lunch”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Although the place is attractive, there were only 2 other tables taken when we were there for lunch. There were a few items that were not too expensive but most of the food was more like dinner with entree prices in the $25-$28 range to match. Many well-known upscale restaurants in mid-town New York offer price-fixed lunch menus (like Aureole) that will wind up costing less while being more elegant. Our waitress never cracked a smile so the service was quick but absolutely not friendly. We had salmon burgers which were not too costly so while this might be OK for dinner, if you want a reasonably priced lunch or even a very elegant one at a top-rated restaurant, go elsewhere.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank handhnh
Braintree, MA
“Food was good”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The name says it all - you better like salmon. I went here because it was close, but not a lot of other choices on the menu.

Visited May 2012