“Nice suprise at a Courtyard property!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Fifth Avenue
Transit: 4,5,6,7 to Grand Central. B,F,V,D to 42nd and 6th Avenue.
San Francisco, California
“Nice suprise at a Courtyard property!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I am a Marriott junkie so I have stayed at lots of Marriott properties…was interesting to learn in posting this review that it used to be a Clarion property. It was crazy busy when I dropped by for dinner and a drink. Sat at the bar and had a GREAT scallops salad, good martini and pleasant service. Nice job!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Livingston, NJ
“Not a Great Choice for Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Although the place is attractive, there were only 2 other tables taken when we were there for lunch. There were a few items that were not too expensive but most of the food was more like dinner with entree prices in the $25-$28 range to match. Many well-known upscale restaurants in mid-town New York offer price-fixed lunch menus (like Aureole) that will wind up costing less while being more elegant. Our waitress never cracked a smile so the service was quick but absolutely not friendly. We had salmon burgers which were not too costly so while this might be OK for dinner, if you want a reasonably priced lunch or even a very elegant one at a top-rated restaurant, go elsewhere.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank handhnh
Braintree, MA
“Food was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

The name says it all - you better like salmon. I went here because it was close, but not a lot of other choices on the menu.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank alpinemillers
Wakefield, England
“We loved it ! A great night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

My teen daughters decided we would go for diner whilst we were on holiday in New York, the menu is great, a large variety of everything. Unlike most things in America the portions are a REGULAR size. The service was great (we gave a £10 tip) and the atmosphere was good, not overly formal. Overall, good value for money.

1 Thank PaulWorth
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“Good option for those staying in the area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I went to Salmon River with my friends over this past weekend. We sat down right before the dinner rush began. The food was really good. Many of my friends had the shrimp quesadillas and I tried some. They were awesome. Two other friends got salmon burgers, which again, were very good too. I ordered the Margarita Pizza (which I always get if it's on a menu somewhere). It was very good and the crust was very crispy and thin. The only downfall to our visit is that our waitress became very busy. We had to ask several people for our checks even after we had asked her for them. Now, being a server myself, I completely understand when someone gets busy and you just become swamped. All of her tables seemed to just sit all at once and I did feel badly for her. The fact that we had to wait for our checks was a very very minor hiccup. I was also very impressed that you could always see the manager on the floor and he would help clear plates and check on tables throughout their meals. If you're staying in the area of 5th Ave. and 41st St, I would definitely check out this restaurant. It's very fairly priced as well.

• Visited March 2012