“Modern, chic,yummie!”
Review of Tocqueville

Tocqueville
Reserve with OpenTable
Tocqueville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #734 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Union Square and Fifth Avenue
Transit: Union Square 4,5,6,N,Q,R,L,F,M
Reviewed July 21, 2014

An understated, NYC celebration restaurant. We were 3 couples, all with very different ideas of a great dining experience. From a sans sauce diner to a vegan to a carnivore, plus three more, the dinner was superb! The men raved about the duck breast entrée! This diner loved the bay scallops. We all savored the blueberry soufflé!

Joann M, Owner at Tocqueville, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Tocqueville. We appreciate and highly value your comments. We are pleased to hear the dinner was superb. The entire Tocqueville staff looks forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Good food, good service. Nice place for a special meal. Went for my wife birthday and food was great. Definitely needed to book but nice lace for a special romantic meal.

1  Thank Andre_loves_Maldives
Joann M, Owner at Tocqueville, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Tocqueville. We appreciate and highly value your comments. We are pleased to hear the food and service were good for your wife's birthday. The entire Tocqueville staff looks forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Jason Lawless is a genius. Everything was delicious, beautifully presented and inventive without being tricky. It was one of the best meals I have ever eaten...and I live in New York! In combination with a sensational wine pairing by Master Sommelier, Roger Dagorn (one of only 180 in the world; and formerly of Chanterelle) the dinner was incomparable.

Joann M, Owner at Tocqueville, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Tocqueville. We appreciate and highly value your comments. We are pleased to hear everything was beautifully presented. The entire Tocqueville staff looks forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was our third visit to this restaurant. The food was excellent. My wife had oysters for the first course and lobster for the second. I had asparagus soup and duck. There was a bit of a delay getting served initially, but the restaurant offered us some free champagne before the meal and then provided a lovely dessert and chocolates at the end at no charge. It was a bit noisier than on previous visits, but still within acceptable limits. In general, Tocqueville is a restaurant with excellent food and service.

Joann M, Owner at Tocqueville, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Tocqueville. We appreciate and highly value your comments. We are pleased to hear you have returned to Tocqueville for the third time. The entire Tocqueville staff looks forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I'm a food-loving, belly-filling kind of person and there's no shortage of options in NYC. Lucky to say I have tried most of the best and many of the rest. Yet I was caught completely by surprise during recent my lunch at Tocqueville. The beautiful room immediately transported me away from my workday. The menu presented the right number of offerings in an unpretentious way. My companion ordered the 5-course tasting menu and I simply ordered a main course. We wound up sharing the experience and the kitchen graciously accommodated us by splitting what they could. The service was stellar but the food- oh the food! I literally gasped during some mouthfuls. Best of all, at the end of the lunch I was stuffed in the best possible way. I can't wait to return.

Joann M, Owner at Tocqueville, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Tocqueville. We appreciate and highly value your comments. We are pleased to hear the service was stellar. The entire Tocqueville staff looks forward to welcoming you back very soon.