“Great food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Union Square Cafe - CLOSED

Union Square Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 5th Ave. and Union Square W.
Transit: Take the 4, 5, 6, N, R or L subway trains to the 14th Street/Union Square stop.
Description: After 30 Years on 16th Street, Union Square Café is moving to 19th Street and Park Avenue South. We are currently closed, and we plan to re-open at our new location in spring 2016. We hope that you'll follow our journey to our new home. Sign up for Union Square Café's email newsletter and follow us on Twitter and Instagram to get updates and go behind-the-scenes as the team prepares to re-open the restaurant.
Littleton, CO
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Our evening at Union Square was a great experience. Four different entrees and four very good dishes. Nice appetizers and great service. Good wine list, but on the pricey side, but this is NYC, right?

New York City, New York
“Good food, good service, but.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

The atmosphere was nice (though not unique), the food was good, and the service was nice. The spiced olives they brought with the bread were delicious. I notice in the other reviews they have here that they offer gluten free bread, but the waiter didn't mention that, nor was it listed on the menu, at least not that i noticed.Disappointing that they keep it a secret.

• Visited May 2014
Rio de Janeiro
“the only restaurant in NYC I will always come back to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

NYC has an endless number of restaurants and I plan to try a few of them in each visit, but this one is just incredible, so from now on I will always include it in my trips to NY: for the ricotta gnocchi, the sparkling cider, the desserts, the service... everything is just perfect.

RPV, CA
“Warm Gluten Free Bread”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

My Mom is gluten free and after they brought her warm gluten free bread so that she could enjoy bread with her meal with the rest of us I knew I would have to give them top marks. They service was terrific. The host found us a table as walk ins, I know that he didn't have a table, he rearranged to seat us. The food was very good. I had the carmelized onion risotto, and my daughter had the gnocchi. Both were excellent. Others at the table had the roasted chicken and the beef carpaccio. We all enjoyed our meals. This restaurant deserves its reputation.

Kinnelon, New Jersey
“The Burger Was Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Excellent lunch! Our group of 4 shared a couple of salads - Spinach and Bibb Lettuce. Really enjoyed both as they had very fresh flavors and just the perfect amount of dressing. The entrees were extensive and all read great, but I went for the bacon cheeseburger, as I was told it was exceptional...it was! Medium rare and perfect. I finished with passion fruit sorbet...again, excellent. I would highly recommend for a business lunch or a lunch where you have a little ching to spend.

• Visited May 2014