“An oldie but goodie in NY”
Review of Union Square Cafe

Union Square Cafe
Ranked #105 of 13,630 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 5th Ave. and Union Square W.
Transit: Take the 4, 5, 6, N, R or L subway trains to the 14th Street/Union Square stop.
New York
“An oldie but goodie in NY”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

One of the best restaurants in NY given combination of ambience, food and price. I pop in about once every two months to sit at the bar for lunch and have never been disappointed and rarely had to wait. Great summer experience is the BLT at the bar in August with fresh Jersey tomatoes and Berkshire pork and fresh arugula, but year round first rate experience, with good comfort food, a pleasant wine list and friendly staff. This was one of Danny Meyer's first restaurants that helped establish his well earned reputation and it is still going strong.

Cornwall
“Ideal for a Friday night”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This restaurant is comfortable and easy - a bit like an old friend! If I lived in NY I would almost certainly visit this restaurant on a regular basis. The menu is solid with some good choices and the service is attentive and friendly. You could tell by the buzz the evening we visited that this place is well liked by those that patronise it. I was sad that we only ate there once, Union Square Cafe will almost certainly be on my hit lit next time I'm in town!

Newton, New Jersey
“A culinary experience to remember!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I are still talking about our experience dining at Union Square Cafe for the first time last week. I don't know what was more outstanding, the service or the food. Suffice it to say we spent hours over our meal and enjoyed every minute. The range of "snack" starters (one a "gift" from our server) to a new cocktail (our server even got me the recipe for it!) to the peanut butter sundae dessert was fabulous. The pork cheeks are sinfully delicious. I wish I had gotten our server's name, but she made the whole culinary journey one to remember.

Brighton
“Slightly disappointed”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We visited Union Square Cafe on one of our previous trips to New York and absolutely loved it. We were really looking forward to dining there again although sadly it didn't quite live up to our expectations. The restaurant seemed incredibly cramped and although the food was good and the service was pretty immaculate (although not particularly friendly) it didn't quite have the same vibe as on our previous visit. I thought also it seemed a lot more expensive although probably no more than other comparable New York restaurants. I think we will give this one a miss on future visits.

• Visited December 2013
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Our second experience...”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The last time we were in NYC (in December, 2013) we decided to try this place for brunch on Sunday before we left for home. It was amazing! This trip, we chose it again after a weekend of Broadway shows. We met our nephew and his wife there this morning for brunch. Food: exquisite. Service: Above and beyond what I would expect from an establishment like this...and that includes the fact that they "stored" our luggage during brunch since we were not going back to the hotel before going home. This place is definitely a "must go" every time we are in the city.