“First class”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 5th Ave. and Union Square W.
Transit: Take the 4, 5, 6, N, R or L subway trains to the 14th Street/Union Square stop.
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been to lunch several times and I had dinner last night. We had a delicious meal and dessert. I had octopus and fluffy ricotta gnocchi. My husband had squash raviolini and cod. I had blueberry pie with sour cream ice cream and my husband had a brioche with coconut and chocolate.
Simply yummy and the best part was the excellent service.
I will continue to return to this wonderful restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Union Square Cafe

Reviewed August 22, 2013

As a freelance writer living in Pennsylvania, my trips to New York City are almost always business related while still allowing me the feeling of a 'getaway adventure", so when it comes to having lunch with a colleague, the ideal place provides a good atmosphere for a private conversation while also offering that "New York state of mind". Union Square Cafe did both, beautifully. The restaurant is fresh and modern with a great upbeat vibe, but not too noisy that you can't hear each other. The food was very good. My Bibb lettuce salad and summer squash filled ravioli were excellent, but the highlight for this tea aficionado was the piping hot, perfectly brewed China black tea served in an insulated two cup tea pot. Our server was very attentive, checking on us throughout the meal. I recommend Union Square Cafe and look forward to dining there again.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is a very nice place to eat. We had drinks at the bar while waiting for our table. The food, service and atmosphere were all great. Our waiter did a great job. We recommend Union Square to anyone. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank nceahuck
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Excellent service - team worked well but there is nothing special about the food - safe, not creative or innovative but perhaps that is what its customers want.
Pleasant atmosphere, perhaps too crowded, with interesting artwork on the wall.
It would be easy to enjoy the experience providing you are not expecting world's best exciting food.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The service was disappointingly poor and the food was at best just average. Need I say more.

This restaurant is overrated...and for a dinner tab in excess of $200., there are much better choices in NYC.