“Classy but pricey”
Review of Blue Water Grill

Blue Water Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Water Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #529 of 13,765 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: L, 4, 5, 6, N, R, Q & W trains to Union Square/14th Street. M14, M1, M2, M3, M6 & M7 buses to Union Square/14th Street.
Description: Blue Water Grill's Jazz Room is located on the lower level room of the popular Union Square seafood and sushi restaurant, Blue Water Grill. Dine in the Jazz Room for live music nightly beginning at 6pm. The full Blue Water Grill dinner menu is available in the Jazz Room, and the private room is available for events of up to 125 guests. Blue Water Grill's menu highlights the freshest seafood daily, with innovative offerings at the sushi bar and coming out of the kitchen. Blue Water Grill is also known for Sunday Brunch overlooking the Union Square Park Farmer's Market.
Canberra, Australia
“Classy but pricey”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The staff were friendly and knowledgable. The food was great, a little pricey however. However this is New York. Great service, Bailey was the waitress who was really helpful and the atmosphere was fantastic! I would recommend this restaurant if you are after a fine dining experience.

2 Thank 639abbie

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Elegant Atmosphere Wonderful Dinner”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Blue Water Grill is located in Union Square in an historic building, a former bank. It's marble walled interior with plaster crown molding is elegant. My wife and I ordered different salads a steak and salmon entrée and dessert all of which was wonderful. The waitstaff was friendly and attentive. Although the restaurant was crowded (8 pm on a Saturday) we were seated within 10 minutes. Service was prompt but not rushed. We were not hurried while we lingered over our dessert and coffee.

Lebanon, Ohio
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I came to Blue Water Grill to celebrate my 30th birthdayand it did not disappoint. My husband made a reservation for the jazz room for 5 at 7:45. The room is beautiful with low lighting and mirrors. They were plenty busy but we were well taken care of from the moment we walked in the doors. From the drinks, apps, entrees, everything was wonderful. My sister does not ordinarily like fish, but our waiter Ryan made a suggestion and she LOVED it. Unfortunately, I was too full for dessert (oxymoron!) so we declined it, but he gave us a complimentary plate that had a birthday candle and cookies. Everything was so lovely; it really made my birthday extra special!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food, service, atmosphere, Blue Water Grill has it all!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I visited Blue Water Grill based on the advice if our bellman at Hotel Giraffe. It was great advice! Located right in union square, which wad near our hotel, Blue Water Grill is in a grand building with very elegant decor. After looking at the relatively inexpensive menu we were pretty surprised, but it was truly gorgeous with outdoor seating options as well. Our waiter was extremely attentive and courteous, and when I asked about the delicious coffee he found the name and blend for me. Though it wasn't Sunday we ordered from the abbreviated brunch menu. I had the almond crusted French toast and my sister had the mushroom and goat cheese omelet which came with potatoes and salad, both were delicious! If you want great food, atmosphere, and service in NYC without the high price tag, try Blue Water Grill, you won't be sorry!

• Visited September 2013
whitby
“Over blown”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us. It was a disappointment. Nice ambience (we were in the basement/downstairs by the jazz band - band was great) the staff was friendly and our waiter was very good. The food was mediocre at best.
We started with someq oysters (good choice), and rainbow sushi (not a sushi fan but this was good).
I had shrimp taco - was way too spicy. No subtlety just over spiced. A bad choice on my part .
My partner had the Branzino which was good .
Wines were unexceptional and our server was unable to recommend appropriate pairings . Overall a disappointment after high expectations.
Price was middle of road - not cheap but not extremely expensive .
Won't return . What was missing was the recommendations and wine pairing making the meal a bit of a mishap mash - at these prices I expect an experience.

• Visited September 2013