“Great fun - excellent food.”
Review of Blue Water Grill

Blue Water Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Water Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #591 of 13,935 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: L, 4, 5, 6, N, R, Q & W trains to Union Square/14th Street. M14, M1, M2, M3, M6 & M7 buses to Union Square/14th Street.
Description: Blue Water Grill's Jazz Room is located on the lower level room of the popular Union Square seafood and sushi restaurant, Blue Water Grill. Dine in the Jazz Room for live music nightly beginning at 6pm. The full Blue Water Grill dinner menu is available in the Jazz Room, and the private room is available for events of up to 125 guests. Blue Water Grill's menu highlights the freshest seafood daily, with innovative offerings at the sushi bar and coming out of the kitchen. Blue Water Grill is also known for Sunday Brunch overlooking the Union Square Park Farmer's Market.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary there on a Friday evening this summer. Following the advice of several TA reviewers we requested (via Open Table) to be seated on the Mezzanine. We were very happy with that decision - the whole place was packed but up where we were the buzz was decidedly a little calmer. The service was very good to start, although it slowed down a bit later on as the place filled up. The food was excellent (especially the Sea Bass!). All in all it was a very pleasant evening. We recommend you give it a try.

There are newer reviews for Blue Water Grill

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This place is consistently good. I have been going for years and never was disappointed. The Jazz Brunch is very nice too on a Sunday

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Blue Water Grill is my all time favorite restaurant in NYC. Lobster Bisque is my absolute favorite and i always leave there satiated and happy.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

As my son has lived in NYC, now Brooklyn, since graduating from NYU, we visit him often. We love the city and Blue Water Grill is one of our favorite restaurants for brunch and dinner. We usually sit outside on the patio if it's a nice day or sometimes in the Jazz Room. Wherever we sit, we always enjoy their delicious brunch! This time my husband had oysters and sushi, my son had an oatmeal parfait and sushi, his girlfriend had the Crab Cake Benedict, and I had my favorite, the Smoked Salmon Benedict. The brunch was delicious as well as the complimentary champagne or cocktail. Heading back in December and will make my reservation soon!

1  Thank Jo B
Reviewed October 22, 2012

If you like Jazz, ask to be seated downstairs on the weekends.
Or sit upstairs in the more formal dining area or outside on the patio. The food here is excellent and has prices that match.
Our bar drinks and wines were good, and the servers are well trained. The sushi menu here is a nice, but it's the seafood and steaks that reign supreme! The seafood tower is amazing, and you can even modify it slightly. Don't miss the desserts here, every dinner needs a sweet ending (chocolate fondue, homemade cookies, and an amazing banana something!)