“Excellent” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Daniel

Daniel
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 68th Street stop, #6 Train.
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Excellent food, presentation, service, decor. Just found it extremely expensive. Bill was over $550 for a wonderful meal with wine. Wonderful. We went for the experience but for us retired folk, not something we can do often.

Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
Setubal, Portugal
“divine experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The seven course tasting menu with pairing wine is absolutely fantastic!
Luxurious combinations of flavors and textures.
once in NYC dont miss it!

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Most beautiful restaurant In New York”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I took my family here and sat in the middle of this stunning dining room with gorgeous decor . The food was scrumptious . Their seafood salad alone is worth the trip but the Black Sea bass signature dish did not disappoint . Deserts are off the chart

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Pacmandoctor
Perth, Australia
“THE best dining experience I have had in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I were visiting NY for her birthday, and we booked Daniel for out special dinner together. Upon reflection, we think this was the best dining experience we have had anywhere in the world.

Firstly, the service is impeccable. For me this started upon our arrival at the restaurant, which requires men to wear a jacket. I had not packed a jacket in my suitcase, so it could potentially have been an embarrassing situation for me when I arrived, however the woman who greeted me at the door politely and discretely showed me into the cloak room where she fitted me straight up for a very god quality "loaner" jacket which fitted perfectly.

We then had a drink at the bar as our table wasn't quite ready. The barmen in their white jackets were very professional and mixed us some excellent champagne mojitos. They were courteous and friendly, too.

We then enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the dining room. We opted to order a la carte, rather than the set menu. The suckling pig for main was sensational. I was able to order a reasonably priced bottle of red wine. The restaurant surprised my wife by giving her a complimentary dessert for her birthday.

Throughout, the table service was outstanding. At one point I spilt some red wine on my trousers and a waiter who happened to walk past was Ali's to what happened and quickly brought me some soda water to dab on it - and the stain disappeared.

Yes it was expensive, but not as expensive as some other fie dining places I've been to around the world. And the service, quality of food, and ambience at Daniel were far better.

I recommend Daniel highly, for any special occasion.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank TerryPerth
London, United Kingdom
“loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I visited the Daniel as part of a business dinner - the food was nothing short of devine ... I had white tuna, wine to die for and a desert that was just simply melt in the mouth. I can highly recommend

• Visited May 2014