“Up there with the best”
Review of Daniel

Daniel
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 68th Street stop, #6 Train.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stunning cocktails, stunning food, stunning service, great setting.

Went for the early supper option, which offers tremendous value for money, $133 for the 3 course prix fixe with matching wine. On top of this you of course still get the typical Michelin amuse bouche, bread, etc. For a 3 star Michelin service was very good, and felt quite relaxed once the staff realised the relationship we wanted with them, it felt a little more comfortable than Le Bernardin, where we ate the previous day.

As you would expect the food was impeccable. This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend and i will certainly be doing the same to any friends or colleagues when they go to New York

There are newer reviews for Daniel

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Chef is wonderful as are all the staff. Our favorite place in NYC. We try to eat there whenever we can. The food was perfectly prepared, creative and the 3 courses we had were very tasty. Great wine list and knowledgeable staff. It can be hard to get into, but worth the effort every single time.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We visited Daniel's for my 30th birthday for early supper which costs slightly less as a fixed menu with wine pairings.

The restaurant is incredibly formal but the staff were friendly. The gentlemen must keep their jackets on, regardless that they had just walked 20 minutes in 38 degrees c heat. For the ladies, we had miniature pouffes to put each of our handbags!

We began with cocktails which were beautiful. One included an orchid suspended in a ice ball.

The meal was delicious and included lots of treats mid courses. The wine pairings were very good and the sparking desert wine was amazing. As it was my birthday I was surprised with a personal dessert which was a lovely touch.

A fantastic experience and well worth the investment.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I am not a "foodie" but I do appreciate good food & excellent service. My wife and I visited Daniel last Friday and it was one of the best dining experiences of my life. I was so enthralled with the ambience, what seemed to be a beautifully choreographed show by the service staff and people watching that I frankly cannot remember what I ate although I do know that every course was delicious. The whole thing was just so elegant and pleasant! i would love to go back with some friends or family in future and would certainly recommend Daniel to anyone looking for a special dining experience!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is the flagship? I've been to the Palm Beach, Miami, Montreal, and Beijing locations, and unfortunately both service and food from previous locations superseded this flagship establishment. Service was on point, but lacking personality and genuine hospitality. I've had better tasting food and left hungry. Disappointed.