“Amazing food with fantastic service”
Review of Daniel

Daniel
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 68th Street stop, #6 Train.
Houston
“Amazing food with fantastic service”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Chef is wonderful as are all the staff. Our favorite place in NYC. We try to eat there whenever we can. The food was perfectly prepared, creative and the 3 courses we had were very tasty. Great wine list and knowledgeable staff. It can be hard to get into, but worth the effort every single time.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
“A fantastic experience”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We visited Daniel's for my 30th birthday for early supper which costs slightly less as a fixed menu with wine pairings.

The restaurant is incredibly formal but the staff were friendly. The gentlemen must keep their jackets on, regardless that they had just walked 20 minutes in 38 degrees c heat. For the ladies, we had miniature pouffes to put each of our handbags!

We began with cocktails which were beautiful. One included an orchid suspended in a ice ball.

The meal was delicious and included lots of treats mid courses. The wine pairings were very good and the sparking desert wine was amazing. As it was my birthday I was surprised with a personal dessert which was a lovely touch.

A fantastic experience and well worth the investment.

• Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“A lovely evening”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I am not a "foodie" but I do appreciate good food & excellent service. My wife and I visited Daniel last Friday and it was one of the best dining experiences of my life. I was so enthralled with the ambience, what seemed to be a beautifully choreographed show by the service staff and people watching that I frankly cannot remember what I ate although I do know that every course was delicious. The whole thing was just so elegant and pleasant! i would love to go back with some friends or family in future and would certainly recommend Daniel to anyone looking for a special dining experience!

North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“Mediocre...”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is the flagship? I've been to the Palm Beach, Miami, Montreal, and Beijing locations, and unfortunately both service and food from previous locations superseded this flagship establishment. Service was on point, but lacking personality and genuine hospitality. I've had better tasting food and left hungry. Disappointed.

Visited September 2013
“Lovely restaurant but expensive”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My partner and I were holidaying in NY from Australia. A friend of ours (who knows the chef well) arranged a last minute booking here after finding out I was a "foodie".

As this was not on our agenda we had not packed suitable clothing for the standard of this restaurant so My partner was quite uncomfortable on arrival after seeing how finely dressed everyone was.
On arrival we were greeted with champagne (courtesy of the chef) and ushered to our table.

The staff were extremely unpretentious and within minutes of being seated my partner began to relax.

Service:
Our waiter was really lovely and had the answers to all our questions
The sommelier was equally knowledgeable and completely unprotentious when I selected the cheapest bottle on the very expensive menu. She did not let on at all and talked up the wine and made us feel as if we were selecting the most expensive.

Food:
Food was lovely. My partner hates when I drag him to fine dining restaurants as he always leaves hungry however for the first time in my fine dining experience this was not the case. Despite the fact that we had selected the 3 course menu we were offered atleast 4 small plates prior to our appetizer coming out along with fresh bread.
By the time the desert came we were well on.our way to rolling out.
When I coulkdnt choose between two deserts the waiter asked me to let him suprise me and that he did, bringing out both deserts! In addition to that we were also bought petite fours and In Addition to that we were offered chocolate.
Desert put us over the edge. While it was beautiful it really was far too rich to finish off such a mild and delicate dinnner.

Value:
This is an expensive restaurant there's no way around it but It is comparable to the fine dining restaurants in Melbourne that is until I remembered we had to tip.
Despite the fact that service was great I do not think it warrented an extra $60. Now I get that in America you have a tiping system and up until this point I have had no issue giving a solid 20% because compared to Australia the prices and service have been better than but.
The reason these fine dining resturant are expensive is because you are paying for the service as well as the food so the fact that we were slapped with a 20% tip on our already expensivemenu was annoying.

All in all a lovely experience but for the price I have had equally beautiful meals at other reasonably priced restaurants in NY

1 Thank Graci3