“Too gourmet?”
Review of Daniel

Daniel
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 14,530 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 68th Street stop, #6 Train.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was a bit over the top. Delicious, but very rich. Also, I didn't recognize any of the ingredients - everything was in a different shape/form. For example, my sea bass was presented in a long roll. However, I must say the wait staff was wonderful and I left a large tip.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,899)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is one of my classic and favorite restaurants. it now only serves dinner BUT you can go for lunch to it's sibling that is located a few blocks from the metropolitan Museum.. cafe Boulud, both owned and operated by it's famous owner with the restaurants name Daniel Boulud or cafe Boulud. The menu changes with the season to include fresh ingredients but also keeps some of it's classic dishes.
it has survived a hoard of new and very good restaurants that only add to the magnificent dinning options that manhattan offers. regardless Daniel is a must to all Gourmet Lovers that want to taste some of the best NYC has to offer.
I have gone to both restaurantes over the last 25 years and the constant is the quality and imagination with which Cahef Daniel Boulud maintains a fresh concept without loosing it's classic stand as one of the top restaurantes in the US

1  Thank Patricio B
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place was fantastic and I dine all over the Country at some high end establishments. Sure if you want people running around like the Heinekan commerical you should visit elsewhere. Try a Del Frisco's but for an elegant spot Daniel hits it bang on. They had fantastic service and the food was terrific. Table setting was in a unique lay out that created a romantic ambience.

We were a $400 table of 2 and I could tell the table next to us was atleast a $1500 table of 2. It was impressive that they treated us equally and I have already told several of my friends to visit when in NYC.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were in NYC for the US Open with the kids but got out one evening to dine here as a couple. We were not disappointed although it would have been nice to get into the main dining room as opposed to the lounge area we were in. Service was top notch with just the right amount of interaction and the food was definitely some of the best we've had and we've eaten in many cities around the world. As a former chef, I believe every dish was prepared to the highest standard and close to perfection in treatment and taste. Won't bore anyone with foodie analysis of dishes but suffice to say this was a great dining experience and would recommend to anyone looking for a splash out dinner (not for those on any sort of budget).

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We did the tasting menu with wine pairing and were delighted at every turn. Each course he presented shared the same core ingredient however each person at the table got a unique dish. The attention to detail is staggeringly beautiful. Go...Go now!

1  Thank Grant S